Camper is winterized

NDBirdman

Welp, as title says, I winterized the camper and parked her for the winter.  Wife says *nope*, we not going anywhere this fall/winter/spring.  She hits too many of the age worries over this covid.  Soooo, to pass the time and fill this cold seasons time, I have a new lathe fired up in the shop, learning to beat myself up on it... LOL, picked up a lot of grains/hops/yeast to brew up enough homebrew beer to keep the county buzzing.  Started working on 3 antique tractors that will take a lot of work.  My wife wants to know when I'm going to find the time to get her the yearly freezer full of venison sausage.  Hmmmm, maybe I need to rething the winterizing and take the winter off somewhere..... I wish, I so want to be out of this winter cold.  We've already been below freezing.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

This winter is going to different for us also. It has been 14 years since we spent a full winter in the north.

The main thing  is to not get Covid But aches. Or Covid ir self. And also stay active fiscally. Even if there is no snow. We are getting food stored so to limit our exposure to other people. We did try food delivery the other day and it worked well. 

Since we are full timers I am now closing the bottom of our fifthwheel. And doing other things to make this winter more fun to experience. 

So we need to rethink our outdoor activities this year. We both have rubber boots for outdoor stuff. I have worked outside at 20 below before. But not really wanting to do that again.

I do have some things to do inside a shop this winter. I want to build another muzzleloader that will require casting German silver. That will be a new experience. I am also thinking about building a lock for a muzzleloader by hand also.Then I have another gun project that will need some machine work on a lathe. So that will happen when the weather is not friendly at all outside.

Stay Safe,    Vern in a T-shirt 

We are also planning to stay home.  I have a number of projects to do in my shop.  We carry a Subaru on the HDT between the twin stacks.  However we bought a new one and it is a couple of inches wider.  I need to move the stacks out a couple of inches and move the ramps out to start with.  This will be our first winter home in 22 years.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift