Food for thought. Covid-19 v Flu

bruce t

I know there has been another thread on flu shots but rather than hijacking it I thought I would put some data into perspective. The below link is some flu data from Australia.

For those only needing the information without reading the whole article - In Australia there has been 532 flu cases during our winter in 2020. Compared to 188600 during 2019. In August there were 120 case compared to approx 60000 for August 2019.

You will need to read the article to see the conclusions. But in a nut shell while covid-19 is 'killing' folks it is also saving lives! Here in Australia there has been a net gain. ie there have been more lives saved than have died from covid-19. (Caveat about Australia's death total from covid-19. One failed hotel quarantine in Victoria accounts for approx 750 of Australia's 850 deaths. Without that bungle Australia would 'only' have approx 120 covid-19 deaths).

Social distancing and hand washing are the key!!

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/flurelated-hospital-admissions-plummet-from-900-to-just-1-in-brisbane-thanks-to-covid/news-story/93aadbab3a7867a3a5711f1dc8d2883b

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

20 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

Not the only reason.  They are also practicing social distancing, hand washing, and wearing masks.  Those very things that help to reduce the incidence of Covid-19 infection also reduce the incidence of Flu infection!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834