Gun Permit

12 hours ago, JRP said:

If you get a SD Gold or Enhanced CCW, those include an exemption from the background check requirement.

I read this a little different perhaps, but to clarify for myself and others, the Gold CC card allows you to purchase weapons without any further background checks over that needed to get the card. 

If he federal government approved this program for SD I can see no reason why they wouldn't for other states if the stated legislatures would pass similar bills.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

17 hours ago, JRP said:

SD residents including fulltimers most certainly can buy handguns in state, I've bought 2 myself at 2 different SD shops.. It is true that some of the larger outdoor sports & gun shops choose to not sell handguns to those with PMB addresses. But other SD gun shops have no issue with the PMB address and the ATF has no policy on PMB addresses, they told me its up to the FFL shop to decide.  

The 30 day stay has nothing to do with buying a gun, it's a requirement for a SD CCW permit and its up to each county sheriff to decide what type of address is acceptable. When I did mine many years ago the Pennington County sheriff had no problem with my stay being at a local campground. If you get a SD Gold or Enhanced CCW, those include an exemption from the background check requirement.

Not true. If you have a PMB address you will NOT be allowed to purchase a weapon, at least in the western part of the State. I went to many gun stores and was told that the local ATF office in Rapid City has advised all of them that they will lose their FFL if they sell to a party who has a PMB address and no actual physical address in SD. The big stores and the Mom and Pop all quoted the local AFT as saying “if we don’t have a door to kick in you can’t sell to them.” I have advised Escapees legal already and have contacted the Governor’s office, and the NRA. I hope to have this issue corrected in the near future. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer