1998 VOLVO Gen 1 ABS Module

Alie&Jim's Carrilite

We have been fighting a code that Tommy P was finally able to help us out on.  Its a Bendix/Wabco ABS fault code, usually meaning the ABS needs to be reset.  I searched the manuals I have and did the Google search, but can't find the module.  Its either a easy reset with a Magnet or needs to be hooked to a computer, but either way I still gotta find it.  According to 1 manual and Google, it's supposed to be behind the dash, under or near the fuse panel.  Not seeing anything that is remotely close.  Anyone have any idea where this module is?  Is it on the frame around the transmission somewhere?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I will add that yes it is on the crossmember aft of the tranny, use a magnet to reset.

The magnet when placed on the reset pad, with the ignition ON. will initiate the reset sequence.

There will be a random flurry of coloured lights during the reset.

Then shut off the ignition and then turn it back on, it should now not show an ABS light on the dash.

Sometimes to get it to shut off you need to drive over 30 mph for a few minutes so the A S. controller “sees” the wheel sensors are functioning correctly.

If not, you have a Bad sensor and the ABS controller will be showing which one.

Edited by PSD_Tweaker
Spelling

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

On 5/30/2020 at 12:32 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

We have been fighting a code that Tommy P was finally able to help us out on.  Its a Bendix/Wabco ABS fault code, usually meaning the ABS needs to be reset.  I searched the manuals I have and did the Google search, but can't find the module.  Its either a easy reset with a Magnet or needs to be hooked to a computer, but either way I still gotta find it.  According to 1 manual and Google, it's supposed to be behind the dash, under or near the fuse panel.  Not seeing anything that is remotely close.  Anyone have any idea where this module is?  Is it on the frame around the transmission somewhere?

Jim, my truck is a 97' Volvo WIA64.  My ABS module is on the inside right frame rail.  I changed mine out last year just because of the age.  If you change yours out, shop around on pricing.  Fleetpride wanted 1700 bucks, I didn't even go to the dealership, no telling what they would want.  Found a brand new in the box module on eBay for 184 bucks.  Very easy to remove an install.