Spot checks on some National Forest CG

In the mountain west area:

CO: Most seem to be opening at the end of May or early June. San Juan (SW corner of the state) says 'may open '

WY: The same some don't open that early because of snow but generally seem to be open by June

MT: Seem to be open weather permitting

ID: Seem to be open weather permitting

So NF camping and dispersed camping seem to be a go for summer. This is NOT set in concrete tho and I only could spot check campsites.

thank you for the report. my original plan was to leave for the SW in may, however, a knee replacement took precedent. hell, it is tomorrow morning! I will not be able to travel until august at best, sounds like that timing is perfect as most of the places for dispersed camping should be open, we can only pray.

1 hour ago, Boutdone said:

thank you for the report. my original plan was to leave for the SW in may, however, a knee replacement took precedent. hell, it is tomorrow morning! I will not be able to travel until august at best, sounds like that timing is perfect as most of the places for dispersed camping should be open, we can only pray.

Good luck with your surgery. I always tell people at your state that getting your knee straight is as important as getting it to bend. Not straight causes back and gait problems. I sure wish someone had told me that before I needed to know it. In the meantime, yes I think your timing is good relative to traveling vs not yet.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van