Hitching up, do you use a camera?

KD4UPL

With the combination of the hitch camera (bumper pull) and my suspension dump valve, I can hitch up relatively easy.

While at home, I can set the hitch an inch or so low, back the ball up to the tongue, drop the bags and back up.

Reinflate the bags and hitch is ready to be secured and pinned for travel.

Not as seamless on the road as is the homestead, site may or may not be as level, but the camera still makes hitching up a one man operation.

The wife need not be anywhere nearby:) 

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

A link to decent ones would be good.  I have purchased relatively cheap camera's.

They work well enough, I have one below the passenger door above the lower fairing.  It points forward by the blind spot beside the front passenger fender.  I find I watch it more in campgrounds to avoid poles and trees than on the road, as I am moat often in the slow lane cruising around 65.

My hood mirrors let me see that area now.

I have a hitch camera that I disconnect after hitching, and plug in the rear camera of the camper and use it like a rearview mirror when under way.  This camera also assists in back in sites at campgrounds.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee