Help fault codes

Vegas Teacher

Hello all......

I have a couple of fault codes and I tried to do a little searching on line, but not a mechanic so even if I read it, I don't understand it. Can you guys help me with that. So here they are:

MID 130 PSID 204 DIM 6 FOR THE ENGINE TRANSMISSION. 

MID 128 PID 111 FMI 1 FOR THE ENGINE ECU. 

Since I last wrote about the terrible experience at TEC VOLVO I have not moved my truck or even been in it. Today I pulled up the engine diagnostics. There was nothing on what was called active codes, just the old or in active codes. I still don't understand how a mechanic goes out to my truck, doesn't even move the truck a centimeter and diagnosis it with gear failure and wants charge me 20,000.00 to 40,000.00 to fix it.

Anyway if you guys can help me with this I would be very happy. I am sorry I have not been as active as I was in the past but I am so budy with my new school I don't know what day of the week it is sometimes. 

Later Cory Ossana 

Hi Cory

I found this chart for fault codes.  https://truckfaults.com/search-fault-codes  
From what I can decipher your first one is a data link error and the second is related to coolant level.  If you a retrieving the code through the instrument cluster there should be a date and time set with the code so you know when it was set.  Might shed some light on when and why.  If they are inactive and the coolant is full I would clear the codes and go for a drive to see if they come back.  I’m not  a mechanic so take my suggestion at your own risk.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'