Las Vegas- thumbs up for RVing!

ToddF

First time camping in Las Vegas. The Thousand Trails campground is a pleasant discovery...well located in the center of the Las Vegas area, so convenient to the strip, downtown, and Boulder Highway area. There are many RV parks in the area...Road Runner, Kings, Arizona Charlies, Sam's Town KOA and the Thousand Trails Park. Rates in the private parks seem quite reasonable. I've been coming to Vegas for 30 years and always flew in and stayed in a hotel either on the strip or downtown. I like this Boulder Highway area...good access to everything, seems like an area for the locals primarily. Those deals that are almost impossible to find on the strip or downtown, are here!! ($3.99 breakfast, cheap rooms, etc). Near Walmart Supercenter, Albertsons, Sprouts etc. Plan to come back for a longer stay in '21 when we are doing a Western tour. 

The Thousand Trails park has tight sites but that was expected and doesn't affect me here. Friendly staff, small pool and hottub, lounge with TV, newspaper, and free coffee. etc. "Thumbs up" Thousand Trails. There are sidewalks and bike lanes outside the park and a bus line for those who prefer that option.

We stayed at Circus Circus until they got rid or their RV park, then moved to Sam's and after that to Arizona Charlie's, where we have stayed on our most recent visits there. Now that I think of it, I believe that it has been close to 10 years since we last spent time there. It is good to see that Charlie is still on your list. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I clearly remember our one and only visit to the Oasis RV Park.  It was (and probably still is) a very nice park.  While checking in they asked us if we preferred a small pull through or larger back in site.  The lady at the desk then cautioned us that the back in site was next to I-15 and traffic noise was higher there.  I discovered that it really did not matter about the highway noise because we were directly under the flight path of airplanes departing McCaran International Airport.  About every 30 seconds a jumbo jet flew over us at what seemed to be about 50 feet elevation on full takeoff power.  All of our visits to the Las Vegas area since then have been to places along Boulder Highway.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

53 minutes ago, k4rs said:

I clearly remember our one and only visit to the Oasis RV Park.  It was (and probably still is) a very nice park.  While checking in they asked us if we preferred a small pull through or larger back in site.  The lady at the desk then cautioned us that the back in site was next to I-15 and traffic noise was higher there.  I discovered that it really did not matter about the highway noise because we were directly under the flight path of airplanes departing McCaran International Airport.  About every 30 seconds a jumbo jet flew over us at what seemed to be about 50 feet elevation on full takeoff power.  All of our visits to the Las Vegas area since then have been to places along Boulder Highway.

Safe Travels...

Oh sh#%^.....

thanks

I just went and read all of the Yelp Reviews. Lots of great reviews. Very little negativity on plane noise but some.  Most negativity was on dog breed restrictions. Go figure.

Thanks again for the heads up.

James

Edited by jamtracy

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired