1995 Monaco Windsor Generator has no power at the switch?

Welcome to the Escapee forums! 

I believe that the Windsor is diesel so it may have either a propane or diesel generator. It may be helpful to know which one you have and also the brand the generator is. The starter motor for the RV generator typically gets power from the coach battery and not from the chassis battery so if you have a battery isolator that is turned off or if it isn't charged up or is in poor condition. There usually is a generator start switch inside of the coach and another on the generator and if you have not done so, try using the one that is physically on the generator. If you do that and hear a clicking but no craking it is probably a bad coach battery. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

It is a Koehler Confident 7 propane generator. I have tried starting it from all 3 places on the rv including on the generator itself. It doesn’t even click. The main cables coming from the coach batteries have 12 volts at the generator. I can even bypass the switch on the solenoid and it will turn over but not with switch. A couple of other things I noticed is my switch inside the door,salesman switch,doesn’t seem to shut anything off. Also there is a solenoid inside the furs panel up front that says ign solenoid that only gets power to one side? I don’t know if all of this is connected to the same problem or not. I’m stumped 

It sounds like the problem may well be in the controls and not the generator, since it will crank if you bypass things. That solenoid may be the problem also but I'd suspect that it doesn't get power when you press the switch, as it should. You might be able to get some service information from this website

14 hours ago, Scottrodds said:

Also there is a solenoid inside the furs panel up front that says ign solenoid that only gets power to one side?

That may be power to the generator if that fuse panel is for coach power and not something tied to the chassis. If the solinoid is not closed it would only have power to one side when operating properly. It would then close to supply power to whatever it is for. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI