Ta-dah

Alice

We not only got our trailer yesterday, we got a new(to us) truck Friday night!  We decided we were worried enough about the weight of the trailer to trade up and our payments didn't change so...

Tried to post a photo,  but apparently I'm incapable of making it small enough,  skk instead here's a very bad,  shot sideways video,  on you tube. 

Alice...

Weekender with a F-150 and Rockwood 2503S - until this happens:

event.png

Congratulations!   Very, very nice!!  You sound just a 'little' excited. :)  I like how the rear door leads into the bathroom in case you're wet or muddy.  Convenient for taking off shoes before entering the living area.   You'll have lots of fun!!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

First, Thank you all!  We are excited!  Now if we can just find time to USE it!  LOL!   But working full time, funny how just overnight almost sounds like too much work for too little fun - but I WANT to use it!  I think we may have to pay just for an overnight at our local park or in the driveway of a friend's house!  We have to pay storage since our lot isn't level or large enough to keep it and our drive is just really steep.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:04 PM, 2gypsies said:

I like how the rear door leads into the bathroom in case you're wet or muddy.  Convenient for taking off shoes before entering the living area.   

The rear door was one of the reasons we liked this one.  The bathroom is HUGE on this trailer.  We had three fairly large adults in it at once and we could move around.  It is big enough to use as a mud room, which will come in handy I'm sure! 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, sandsys said:

Isn't it exciting to get to this stage?!!! Congratulations!

It really is.  I can't believe it was just 6 months ago I freaked out and talked us out of buying one less expensive!  But this one just seemed meant to be.  Now to buy all the little things you need...levelers, hoses, chocks, etc., etc.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:52 AM, rollindowntheroad said:

Congratulations!  What size is your truck?  I just got a 2019 F150 with the Ecoboost.

And we just got a 2016 3.5 L F150 with Ecoboost.  LOL!  We were going to use the Colorado, but went "looking" the night before we picked up the trailer and found this truck and just kind of fell in love with it.  Same year and practically the same mileage as the Colorado and changed our payment by less than 50cents...  We were sure the Colorado would pull the trailer, but heavier and more control just seemed like the best idea for the novices. :) 

Of course, three days later - after towing the trailer home (which it did beautifully) the master cylinder blew and the brakes went out!  BEFORE the extended warranty we bought kicked in!  But all is well, the dealership made it right free of charge - which, legally speaking, they didn't have to.  We really do love this truck.

Alice...

event.png

6 hours ago, Alice said:

The rear door was one of the reasons we liked this one.  The bathroom is HUGE on this trailer.  We had three fairly large adults in it at once and we could move around.  It is big enough to use as a mud room, which will come in handy I'm sure! 

A party bath!  What fun!!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

11 hours ago, Alice said:

It is big enough to use as a mud room, which will come in handy I'm sure! 

You might want to put a tension rod in the shower to use to hang wet clothes when you come in out of the rain. It's nice to not have to wonder where they are dripping.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:32 PM, sandsys said:

You might want to put a tension rod in the shower to use to hang wet clothes when you come in out of the rain. It's nice to not have to wonder where they are dripping.

Linda

Excellent idea!  Thanks!

Alice...

event.png