2020 Balloon Fiesta

Good afternoon,

We are new to Escapees, so not familiar with how everything is done.  

We are traveling west and southwest next year and are very interested in the Balloon Fiesta and with camping at the Escapees site.  Friends of ours did this two years age and recommended joining Escapees and were very complimentary of their Balloon Fiesta experience with Escapees.  

Because this is such a popular event, we want to ensure we don't miss an important signup date.  I realize the 2019 event is not even here yet, but we are already getting reservations at many campgrounds in Utah and other popular campgrounds throughout the southwest.  

When will Escapees information and reservations be available?  

Thank you in advance.  

Randy Groesbeck

I don't know when Escapees will post their event there, I would expect right after this years event. https://www.visitalbuquerque.org/event/albuquerque-international-balloon-fiesta®-2020/39749/

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 months later...

Hi Randy Groesbeck and Ray,IN

I wanted to let you know I posted the 2020 Balloon Fiesta HOP on this site. see: http://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/137722-balloon-fiesta-hop-3-options-oct-2-11-2020/

To view all HOPs, click: www.escapees.com/hops

Thanks so much!

Have a good day.

Lisa Koca

HOP Director / RV Show Director

www.escapees.com/hops  
www.facebook.com/escapeesrvclub  
then, click on the event page

For Cruise HOPs, call:

Escapees Travel Agency
855-757-8881 (Toll-Free)

Escapees RV Club

100 Rainbow Drive
Livingston, Texas 77351
936-327-8873

www.escapees.com

Edited by Head Out - HOP

The Boomer 'Birds of a Feather' group of Escapees also does the Balloon Fiesta.  We've gone with them.... a fun time.  We also crewed with a balloon - great experience.  Theirs is cheaper as meals are not included but they have potlucks.  However, right now they are looking for someone to take over this project this year.  I'm sure they'll get someone.  Contact the Editor of their newsletter for up-to-date information.  Note at the end of the newsletter the many other gatherings they will have.  It's a fun group and very welcoming to newbies!!

http://link.rm0004.net/client_files/Boomersbof/10_Oct_2019_Boomer_News.pdf

I believe the Escapees 'Xcapers group' also goes.

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick note to state we are registered for the 2020 Event. Look forward to meeting others that are going to the event. We will be arriving two days early and staying for the full 10 days.

1. How far is it from the south parking lot to the launch field?? 

Rob and Marie (Class of 2018)

Lucy and Ethyl (Chihuahua Shitzu) (sisters) 

2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD

2019 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ridgekid,

We are glad you will be able to join us at the Balloon Fiesta HOP in Oct. 2020. It's approx 1 mile to the launch field but don't worry, we are normally parked right in front of the "box" where the games are played and the balloons land near our RVs. We have the perfect spot. There are buses that run every 15 to 20 minutes that will take you to/from the launch field. To see the 2020 Balloon Fiesta HOP, click: https://www.escapees.com/event/balloon-fiesta-hop-2020-head-out-program/ 

To see the up coming HOPs, click on: https://www.escapees.com/community-calendar/category/head-out-program/ 

Thanks for your post.

Have a good day.

Lisa Koca

HOP Director / RV Show Director

www.escapees.com/hops  
www.facebook.com/escapeesrvclub  
then, click on the event page

For Cruise HOPs, call:

Escapees Travel Agency
855-757-8881 (Toll-Free)

Escapees RV Club

100 Rainbow Drive
Livingston, Texas 77351
936-327-8873

www.escapees.com

• 7 months later...

Off-topic a bit, did anyone seen the freak balloon accidents in TX? Apparently it was wind shear or  micro-burst.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

1 hour ago, Ray,IN said:

Off-topic a bit, did anyone seen the freak balloon accidents in TX? Apparently it was wind shear or  micro-burst.

I saw where 3 crashed in Wyoming just outside of Jackson.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel