Progress report

As I mentioned before Jinx and I made a sudden move to full time earlier than planned.  We stopped taking new business in January 2018, moved into the RV in May 2018 but stayed in the area until September 2018, when we finished all of the leftover business.  The house sold in August and we got rid of everything that doesn't fit in the RV. 

We went on the road the end of September, spending five weeks driving down the east coast.  We got the Bushnell, FL, at the end of October and established Florida domicile.  We followed the club's instructions and it went flawlessly.

We spent the first part of November in Naples where we volunteered at the LPGA Championship tournament.  We then spent December through February in Davenport, FL.  Come March we moved to Palm Harbor, this time to volunteer at the Valspar PGA Tournament.  We left in mid-May, 2019.

We've adjusted our travel speed.  When we first started RVing we would travel 300-400 miles per day, sometimes two days in a row.  I think that was a factor of having a work mindset with the need to be certain places at certain times.  We now travel no more than 250 miles in a day and stay at least a week after that travel day.  Much more relaxing.  We are slowly making our way to Wisconsin to work another golf tournament, visit Jinx's family and have the grandkids up for a couple of weeks.  We will be at Mammoth Cave National Park in a couple of weeks.  leaving Chattanooga tomorrow.  We plan to come back to Florida for 2019-20 winter by way of UP Michigan, Canada above the Great Lakes, Niagara Falls, grandkids in MD, and foliage in the Smokeys.

No major problems.  We have an older RV so things wear out.  We budgeted for that when we bought it.  The major issue I faced was recognizing I was retired and living on the road instead of being on vacation.  There are big differences between the two.  When I worked and went on vacation, I often did things that are unhealthy in the long run.  Traveling, as noted above, is another difference.  It has been a year of slowing life down and developing new habits.  I am no longer self-conscious about working out on the mat in front of the RV, regardless of who is around.  I play golf a couple of times a week.  We visit things we want to see in mid-week instead of on the weekends - less crowded.

We hope all is well with you.

Jinx and Wayne

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

It sounds like you have found what works for you and are enjoying the lifestyle!  Even though we did a 2 year stint of full timing prior to this time around it still took us a year to slow the pace down.  We are enjoying every day and still learning things, not only about our RV but about this country.  

Safe travels and may all your days be filled with Birdies and Eagles!

Joe & Cindy

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

I know you are Florida residents, we are also, but the Rio Grande Valley is much less expensive than Florida. The local residents really like us Winter Texans. Just a thought for your consideration. 

Amazing what a difference from vacation mode to full timer mode. Congratulations on getting it.

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg