Carlsbad and Oceanside CA

Velos

We are gathering with family for a week next month in Carlsbad and Oceanside CA.  Haven't been to CA in over 20 years and not familiar with this particular area.   I've been "googling" and found a couple of Ideas.

If anyone has been in the area recently or has some suggestions of things to do or see I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you and safe travels.

You will be about 45 min north of San San Diego.There is Sea World, and the San Diego Zoo. Lego Land is in Carlsbad. If you like micro beer there is Stone Brewing Company in Escondido just 20 min east on Hwy 78. Safari Park, a part of the Zoo, is also in Escondido. Just north of Escondido on I-15 is Temecula where there are many wineries to go wine tasting. And then there is the beach. Carlsbad and Oceanside have great beaches. Downtown Oceanside and Carlsbad have lots of restaurants and shops too.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

On 4/14/2019 at 12:51 PM, Twotoes said:

You will be about 45 min north of San San Diego.There is Sea World, and the San Diego Zoo. Lego Land is in Carlsbad. If you like micro beer there is Stone Brewing Company in Escondido just 20 min east on Hwy 78. Safari Park, a part of the Zoo, is also in Escondido. Just north of Escondido on I-15 is Temecula where there are many wineries to go wine tasting. And then there is the beach. Carlsbad and Oceanside have great beaches. Downtown Oceanside and Carlsbad have lots of restaurants and shops too.

Thank you for your suggestions.  We have reserved a food tour in Carlsbad have never done that before but family members making the reservations have done so in other vacation spots and had a great time.  Making a tee time in Oceanside,  Carlsbad courses were a little pricey.  We will be close to the beach so hoping for good weather to get some exercise and one family member is renting a convertible so plan to ride down the coast hwy to San Diego.

I found this disclosure on a LEGO website not sure if it is for all LEGO lands or just this location  Legoland:  Adults must be accompanied by children to enter LEGOLAND Discovery Centre. We will host exclusive adult nights for our Adult Fans of LEGO without children the first Wednesday of every other month. An adult is classed as aged 18 and over. Children are classed as aged 17 and under. Children under the age of 3 do not need to buy a ticket.

Archived