Colorado Road Conditions

JRP

I don't imagine there are too many RV'ers exploring Colorado in winter. But I-25 is closed in both directions this morning in the Raton Pass area due to winter storm conditions.  You can always get current road conditions & closures at https://cotrip.org/home.htm  

I go south for the winter, but I keep track of the weather around my summer home in southern Colorado mountains. This winter has been a very heavy snow season, Wolf Creek Pass is already over 330 inches of snow and it keeps coming by the foot. They've frequently closed hiways 160, 50 & 550 for winter storm conditions or avalanche conditions.  Colorado also has implemented the passenger vehicle chain law several times this year in several different areas.

That area desperately needed the moisture after several dry years, so thats good.  I wait til its all melted before I return.

Jim

Been in Denver since 2/2--hope to be heading south on 25 on Monday about noon.  Should be ok over Raton by that time....??

Had to clear about 8" of the white stuff off the roof/slides this am, luckily got it done before the wind started--whistling around Prospect RV park since about 11am.

The best website for current information on U.S.A. road and weather conditions is The One Stop Shop for Traveler Information. There are a mulititude of useful tools on the website, just one of them are live web cams of Western mountain pass's.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

48 minutes ago, jblo said:

Been in Denver since 2/2--hope to be heading south on 25 on Monday about noon.  Should be ok over Raton by that time....??

Yes it should be fine Monday, sunny & 50 F.  The closure this morning was just a short one to clean up after last nights storm.

Jim

Archived