Dish Outdoors & Hopper 3 Fees

I've got a question for those of you who use "Dish Outdoors" with a Hopper 3. I currently use a portable dish and a vip211 but I'm considering going to a mounted/tripod dish setup with a Hopper 3. I've looked at the dish "Fees" list and it is ambiguous as to exactly what that would cost per month. I know DVR service is $15 but there is also some language about the Hopper 3 being a $15 fee per month unless it is leased. Do they really charge an additional $15 for the Hopper 3 if you own it? 

I did a chat with Dish and the told me it would be $150 for the Hopper 3 (one time fee) and then $15 per month. Does that sound right? 

1 hour ago, cpalmer2k said:

I did a chat with Dish and the told me it would be $150 for the Hopper 3 (one time fee) and then $15 per month. Does that sound right? 

Yes. I lease a Hopper 3 and it also costs $15 a month. So there is no reason to purchase a H3 unless you want two of them (1 leased, 1 owned).

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

The $15 is a DVR support fee, not an equipment fee. It doesn't matter which Hopper model you have, it's the same fee. If you're on a pay-as-you-go account, you have no choice except to buy an H3 unless you're willing to go on contract for 2 years.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I understand the DVR fee applies. This is what I was referring to (from the Dish Fees page)

DVR Service
Hopper or ViP $15.00
922 $10.00
Receivers (first leased receiver is free, excluding 211 and Wally)
Hopper 3, Hopper with Sling, or Hopper $15.00

Does that mean an owned Hopper 3 costs you an additional $15.00 fee (on top of the $15 DVR fee, for a total of $30 in fees) even if it is the only receiver on the account because it is "owned" and not leased? 

I own both of my Hopper 2's, and pay a grandfathered $12 DVR fee for one and the current $15 DVR fee for the other. No other charges related to the Hoppers except a $7 Joey fee.

Dutch

1 hour ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I own both of my Hopper 2's, and pay a grandfathered $12 DVR fee for one and the current $15 DVR fee for the other. No other charges related to the Hoppers except a $7 Joey fee.

Not disputing you, but according to the chart in the previous post you are paying a $12 dvr fee and a $15 receiver fee for your second Hopper.  Does your bill list you as paying two dvr fees?

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

14 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

Not disputing you, but according to the chart in the previous post you are paying a $12 dvr fee and a $15 receiver fee for your second Hopper.  Does your bill list you as paying two dvr fees?

Yes.. Both of my Hoppers are owned, not leased.

a5FEKCal.jpg

Dutch

3 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Yes.. Both of my Hoppers are owned, not leased.

a5FEKCal.jpg

Yes, that's what I was pointing out.  The $15 fee is a second receiver fee, not a dvr fee.  It makes no difference whether your Hoppers are leased or owned, the fees are the same.  There is no receiver fee for the first receiver and no dvr fee for extra receivers.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Archived