Replacement backup monitor

Ronbo

I had a system from Leviathon in my truck. The monitor started acting up. Instead of messing with it, I decided to replace it. I searched for a similar system and found one on eBay. It also has a slot for a SD card. The price seemed reasonable for 2 more cameras and a 9inch monitor.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/9-Quad-Monitor-DVR-Recorder-2-x-Side-Camera-Safety-System-For-Truck-Trailer-RV/322629755946?item=322629755946

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Ronbo    Are you replacing the whole system?  I like the 4 camera system with the recorder. Do you know anyone who has used that system or are you going to try it?  I'll be watching. Hope everything works out.   Pat

The Old Sailor

I am using my existing 2 cameras and will plug them into the new wiring u dear the dash. The old system had 2 cables connected to the monitor, the new ha only 1. The difference is that the power is incorporated in the single cable. I also went with a 9 in monitor and recorder vs a 7 inch and no record. I will get it installed this week and will include an update. The 2 additional cameras I will use for lane change cameras, but won’t install them until it cools down.

Ron C.

Rondo, I am in the same boat you were in.  My Leviathon monitor is now dead.  I also have the multiple cables existing.  How did you address the cable issue.  I would like to avoid rerouting cables if possible.  Is the fit up the same?  Thanks.

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

The cable that plugs into the monitor has the power and 5 camera inputs. The connection is the 4 pin camera. I only had to run that one cable from where my camera cables are to the monitor. 

Ron C.

Archived