Anyone here installed mini-split in an RV?

jpcoll01

Evaporator could be placed anywhere you want inside motorhome but condenser/compressor portion will need a compartment location that allows good air flow over condenser. Best to measure your biggest compartment and get dimensions of the mini-split outside portion and go from there. A lot of older bigger motorhomes have "basement air" but their compartments are pretty big. You will find many of the modern bigger motorhomes have gone back to roof airs. [Newell and many Prevost conversion bus's] Think it would be a lot easier on a 5th wheel than a 30ft class c.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

I built a frame at rear of my Teton 5th wheel for the exterior unit. Can you do that? Steve and Gail's is on storage area but storage was designed orinally into build. You will need 2 heads inside. Plenty of room inside for this on ours. On a mh, I'd place one at each end. Can you use 240v? If so, 1 outside unit is all you need. 2 if 120V. Steve and Gail's interior units run in a duct sorta. A cover in center of celling, routing air. Unsure which evaporator unit they using. One is sold to mount in a duct and suspect that is it. If center of ceiling open, this is neat effective way. They have a video of their unit that Greg Shields made. It shows them. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Archived