Threads Disappear

SWharton

Periodically I receive a notification of a new thread, click on it and the thread has disappeared. I search the site and it is not around. The thread today was on the 10t website(maybe apps) that someone uses. When I clicked on it the thread was missing. Where does it go???? Do I have a problem or is it the website?

This has happened more than once, not often but several times over the year.

It is possible that you were looking for a thread created by a spam poster. When any of the volunteer moderators happen on such things making them disappear is what we do. In fact, that is all that we do. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I think it was a new thread.

I know some threads just disappear for unknown reasons. Last year there was a good thread going about the ATT Mobley, just was removed(I assume) for no reason that I could discern. I seem to remember other threads that have disappeared. Rather than disappearing perhaps locking the thread would be a better approach.

9 hours ago, bigjim said:

If I am correct and Kirk can confirm some go away because they got way out of hand.

While that is true, it is rare and only done by admin which means the IT staff. When the "report" function is used the IT guys do get notifications but it probably takes more than one for the IT people to respond. If a thread is locked, that is from admin/IT and the same is true for anything other than spam. Volunteer moderators do have email access to the IT guy responsible and occasionally one of us might point out a thread that is getting bad, but we are not authorized to do any more than that. Even spam we are only authorized to hide it from view so that IT can review it and put it back if they do not agree. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Unless I am mistaken, topics age out and are automatically deleted.  Not sure what the age limit is though. 

I wish there was someone to review aging topics and those with significant info could be put into an archive file. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Archived