gcwr location

On Fords and Rams you can go to the company website, they have charts that show everything weight wise including gcwr.  But you have to look up each year individually that I have seen.  I have not seen a chart that shows more than one year class but I have not searched for one.

Chebby probably does too, I just have not looked at those.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Most GCWRs can be found here on RVSEF's Towing Guide page.

Descriptions of the various manufacturers locations are also given at the bottom of this page.

Most recently (past ~5 years or so) understand that manufacturers have been rolling out the implementation and adoption of J2807 as they have introduced new models of the various size pickup trucks. J2807 is a towing rating standard that has been in development for a number of years. 

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Archived