Where is the best place to post a motorcoach for sale

WEP

Unfortunately we are having to sale the Coach due to a life event.  I have it posted on RVT.com and RVTrader.com. We are not getting the response we had hoped.  It is a very nice coach, and I think we have it priced fairly.     2016 Itasca Meridian 40R for sale by Owner - Livingston, TX.  HELP?  What to do?

prillawe@gmail.com

I have sold two motorhomes through The Motorhome Brokers out of Salisbury, Maryland. The beauty is that they do all of the advertising and screen all of the buyers. Thus: the tire kickers are screened out. Also, you can continue to use your motorhome while it is for sale and you pay nothing until it is sold.

I highly recommend them. By the way, they sold one of my motorhomes  for $2000 more than My purchase price, after 2 years of use. 

Believe this is the link to their website.          

https://www.themotorhomebrokers.com

We took ours to PPL Consignment in Houston and sold it within a month for the price we put on it.  A guy from Florida flew in to buy it. PPL initially suggested a lower price but we thought most people always want to offer less so we added a few thousand. It sold for the added price.  We'd recommend them.  While we were there we were amazed at the amount of lookers, buyers and those coming to pick up their previously-purchased RVs.  It's a busy, well-known place.  A very easy to sell... no phone calls, no-shows and no need to 'be there'.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

As you are finding out, it is not easy to sell an RV yourself.  There is a big problem of getting the RV to a place where a large pool of buyers that are actually interested in buying your RV will see the ad and/or be able to look at the RV.  

It is even harder when you are trying to sell a $200K to $240K RV.  I am not sure just how many people with the means to buy an RV in that price range look at the online places you have it listed.  Also there is the issue of driving to Livingston to look at your RV.

PPL is a viable option, however your RV will be one of the highest priced RV's on the lot and you will have the 10% commission to consider.  The good thing is PPL gets lots of traffic looking at RV's.  Go to https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes?sortBy=price+desc  to see the RV's they have for sale.

On the other hand, I see the NADA "average retail" is $234,000.  Taking it to PPL and working with them to price it in the NADA price range would net you in the area of what your price is on the websites.  

If you do take it to PPL, have the rig spotless on the inside and outside.  Don't pay PPL to clean it.  Hire a home cleaner in Livingston to come to your RV and pay her (him?) 6-8 hours of labor to clean every nook and cranny.   Then hire a detailer to do the same to the outside.

PPL will take care of all the sales process.  You won't meet the buyer or have to directly talk with the buyer.  When it sells you will get a check in the mail.

Make sure you get consignment insurance.  I don't know of many standard policies that insure a vehicle on a consignment lot.  Usually there is an exclusion in the policy.  The last RV I sold I had to switch insurance companies for the 10 days the RV was at PPL. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

All great comments.  We are still living in the coach.  PPL (Houston) is one we are looking at.  We just do not know when is the best time. Will check into brokers, in  Salisbury, Maryland.  Thanks to you'll,  You got the wheels turning again. 

My Foretravel was recently sold thru Motorhomes of Texas up in Nacogdoches. They handled everything, including detailing (not just a wash) the coach end to end. They will pick up the coach from your location. Handle mostly high end coaches so buyers are looking in the price range.

i had PPL do 2 sales, was much more impressed with MOT. Just my own opinion.

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

48 minutes ago, dewilso said:

My Foretravel was recently sold thru Motorhomes of Texas up in Nacogdoches. They handled everything, including detailing (not just a wash) the coach end to end. They will pick up the coach from your location. Handle mostly high end coaches so buyers are looking in the price range.

i had PPL do 2 sales, was much more impressed with MOT. Just my own opinion.

Agree, not cheap, but they take care of everything and they actually put more in my pocket at the end than I thought I would get selling privately. MOT generally only takes on high end coaches but they sometimes will take trades on a sale and will sell them.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

Archived