Highway 60 in Missouri

Fun2travel

Have not spent much time in that area. One place we did visit and enjoy  was the Wonders of Wildlife Museum and Aquarium in Springfield.  Our visit was shortly after it first opened. It was then closed for several years (I believe due to structural problems) and finally reopened. It is located next to the Bass Pro Shops and the Sporting Arms Museum (which was not there when we visited).

Trip Advisor lists a number of other potential attractions in or near Springfield that we have not had a chance to visit. Roadside America lists several drive bye type attractions along US-60 going East. 

Assume you are asking because you are driving across MO Highway 60. Otherwise everything I know of is mostly closer to Springfield. Especially to the south.

I've never made it past Strafford MO on Highway 60 which is to Camping World:)

Not sure, maybe the Laura Ingalls Wilder home in Mansfield would be worth a quick stop.  (Looked it up and it does not open for the year until March 1).

Everyone seems to like going to the restaurant Lambert's where they throw dinner rolls at you. Quick check shows a location in Sikeston. I've not been to that branch, but the one in Springfield/Ozark is good.

Should be a pretty drive through the Mark Twain National Forest areas.

Mark from Missouri

Mark from Missouri

Our Future in an RV

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually LB 6.7L HO Diesel Aisin Transmission 4x4 3.73 Gears

2019 Vanleigh Vilano 320GK 35’ fifth wheel 16,000-pound GVWR

Running from Ellington to Houston, MO this route takes you through Ozark National Scenic Riverways. You'll need more than a day to look at everything this route has to offer. There are a few detours along the way that you can take to see more of the countryside. If you travel north on Hwy 19 from Eminence, you'll find beautiful Round Spring along the Current River. Heading back south from Round Spring the views change dramatically. You should plan to stop at Alley Springs along Hwy 106 8 miles west of Eminence. This spring has a beautiful, watercress lined spring and spring branch. There's also an old mill at the head of the pool, which was built back in the 1800s. You'll see beautiful dogwood and redbud trees that provide shade during the hot summer months and in the fall you'll enjoy the beautiful views of red, gold, orange, and burgundy leaves.

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

One of our favorite places is Big Springs in Van Buren. It is a couple miles off of 60 and does have a decent campground with electric at each site. Also if time is right the Amish area of Seymoor  has a nice place to eat called uncle Roosters. Not fancy but good food.

If you are already on Hy 60 its not a far side trip to take 63 south into Arkansas to Mammoth spring. Not a whole lot to do there but its a fun day trip. From there go on down to Hardy. The next town only a few miles away. Go down the old main street. I swear the whole town is one big antique store.  Some people don't like looking at old junk but I like to see the old buildings.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, mds1 said:

Assume you are asking because you are driving across MO Highway 60. Otherwise everything I know of is mostly closer to Springfield. Especially to the south.

I've never made it past Strafford MO on Highway 60 which is to Camping World:)

Not sure, maybe the Laura Ingalls Wilder home in Mansfield would be worth a quick stop.  (Looked it up and it does not open for the year until March 1).

Everyone seems to like going to the restaurant Lambert's where they throw dinner rolls at you. Quick check shows a location in Sikeston. I've not been to that branch, but the one in Springfield/Ozark is good.

Should be a pretty drive through the Mark Twain National Forest areas.

Mark from Missouri

Strafford and Camping World- neither one is on Hwy. 60. They are on Interstate 44. And no. There is nothing interesting between Springfield and Sikeston.

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

Archived