Looking for generic rocker switches

alan0043

The remaining three pins should be for ground, input for the light on the switch, and input for the backlighting.  On the switch I have pin 9 is ground and pin 10 is the input for the backlighting.  On my switch pin 8 is the input for the light that comes on with the switch.  That might be pin 12 on your switch.  Please verify before taking my word for it.

49 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

Don't you already have this switch like this on your truck for the light on the back of the cab?  

I do but I can't get that switch out of the dash. The manual on the resource guide talks about using a flat screw driver under the switch to release the tab. I can't get the screw driver under the tab for some reason. The way things always go for me, I will break the original switch. I just don't want to temp fate. 

The plan is to do everything on the bench before it goes in the truck. 

Stan, I will give your thoughts a try.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

4 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

I do but I can't get that switch out of the dash. The manual on the resource guide talks about using a flat screw driver under the switch to release the tab. I can't get the screw driver under the tab for some reason. The way things always go for me, I will break the original switch. I just don't want to temp fate. 

The plan is to do everything on the bench before it goes in the truck. 

Stan, I will give your thoughts a try.

Al

Al

It's much easier to remove the switch panel and remove the switch from the rear if it won't release from the front.  Look at the switch you just received....at the top you will see two little "pins" that act as a hinge on the face of the panel.  At the bottom of the switch you have the spring clip that locks the switch in the panel.  This is where you slip a small flat bladed screwdriver into the slot and gently pry and release the clip. Switch will hinge out on the top clips.  Should be plenty of slack to pull out wire harness.  Be advised,  it looks like that particular switch when used in the "back of cab light" position works through the "LCM" (light control module) so it's a bit different than a simple on and off switch.

Looks like pin #2 is your output....

Pin # 4 is power from the battery (input)

Pin #9 appears to be used as ground....

Pin 10 might be used for the indicator light or backlighting

Pin#12 unknown

Please remember this is a best guess for this switch being used in this capacity.

The 20470609 switch is a bit easier to wire.

7 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

Al

It's much easier to remove the switch panel and remove the switch from the rear if it won't release from the front.  Look at the switch you just received....at the top you will see two little "pins" that act as a hinge on the face of the panel.  At the bottom of the switch you have the spring clip that locks the switch in the panel.  This is where you slip a small flat bladed screwdriver into the slot and gently pry and release the clip. Switch will hinge out on the top clips.  Should be plenty of slack to pull out wire harness.  Be advised,  it looks like that particular switch when used in the "back of cab light" position works through the "LCM" (light control module) so it's a bit different than a simple on and off switch.

Pin#12 unknown

Please remember this is a best guess for this switch being used in this capacity.

Hi Desert,

Thank you for the help. I will give your input a try and report back later with the results. The power will be coming from an auxiliary fuse box that I have in the truck. Might not see anything till tomorrow.

Thank you again,
Al

20 hours ago, DesertMiner said:

Al

Pin#12 unknown

Hi Desert,

Thank you again for your help. I did a bench test following your help. Every thing worked out great. Pin # 10 is for back lighting when the switch is on. I also found out what pin # 12 is for. If you use a jumper wire from pin # 2 to pin # 12 the the indicator will light up when the switch is on.

Al

Archived