Palomini laminated roof

Charles&Sherry

The bride and I are looking into small trailers. After a disastrous experience several years ago with our class C being water damaged beyond repair, we are gun shy about rubber roofs (I know, I know . . . vigilance and maintenance.  What is that they say about older and wiser?). Anyways, the fiberglass eggs are looking pretty good. The bride currently fancies a Casita 17'. I came across a blurb about the Palomini laminated roofs that caught my attention. Anyone here have experience or knowledge of them?  Any idea how durable they are?

i appreciate any feedback you could give me!

The company is a division of Forest River RV. I'm not sure just what it is laminated from and can't seem to find anything that explains. I wonder if it isn't a combination of fiberglass and plywood, but that is only a guess. I can tell you that I can't recall ever finding an RV that the roof could not be walked on, other than perhaps a popup. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks for the input, guys. I've looked all over and can't seem to find any details as to just what it is made from. No one is fessing up to having first hand experience with it. Perhaps it's too new to have much of a track record. Gotta say I'm a little skeptical. I've read some reviews about some MHs with fiberglass roofs and the problems with cracks from bumps and vibrations.

Just looking for alternatives.   I'm not opposed to a rubber roof, but I'm 61 and ain't getting no younger. I don't want to be crawling around on top of a trailer when I'm 80. 

11 hours ago, Charles&Sherry said:

I'm not opposed to a rubber roof, but I'm 61 and ain't getting no younger.

Stop boasting about being so young! Not yet 80 but I'm old enough that I don't do work on the roof any longer. Never did really like that. -_-

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 hours ago, J-T said:

Fiberglass is a sheet that glued on vs. Casita and some others are made so the roof is one piece.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/

Yes, sir. That's why we are gravitating towards a Casita or maybe a Scamp. That is unless this Palomini roof works as advertised. Not that I would run out and buy a Palomino but it's good to have options! And if it holds up, it's likely to spread to other brands. 

• 3 months later...

Archived