How to use Alexa with an Android phone

RV_

I have Amazon Prime and use Alexa on our Fire tablets, Fire TVs, and on our three Echo Dots, and three Amazon Fire TVs. (The large Fire TVs with the 4k hardware and software support, not the sticks.) Our main TV has the 4k HDMI support and I connercted with HDMI 2.2 cables and the results are awesome. You have to have the hardware on the source (Fire TV), the TV, ours is a 65" UHD 4k Vizio M series with one dedicated HDMI port for 4k cable and source.

But we couldn't use it away from home until now. We do have the Alexa App on our phones to run Alexa settings. BUt to use Alexa on the phone itself you have to load the Amazon Shopping App. I did, it works! HOwever since it feeds ads you might want to pay attention to how much data it uses on standby if you have data limits.

Excerpt:

"This year, Alexa has popped up in a number of places we never would have expected it before -- in refrigerators, thermostats, televisions and even lamps. But it's taken longer for Amazon's handy personal assistant to arrive on our pockets.

In March, Amazon made Alexa accessible from every iOS device by adding it to the Amazon Shopping app. Then Huawei added Alexa to its Mate 9 phone. And HTC updated the HTC U11 in July to equip it with Amazon's digital assistant. No other Android devices had official access to Alexa, but a recent update added Alexa to the Amazon Shopping app on Android. Here's how to use it."

Instructions with pics are in the original article here:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-use-alexa-with-an-android-phone/?ftag=CAD3c77551&bhid=20640562413884385817807471581031

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived