FULL TIME vs full time

But Eddie:  Even if you are FULL TIME, you have to at least have a Medical home; to have your Annual Check-up, get your teeth cleaned, etc., etc.  ESPECIALLY if you keep on eating those GINORMOUS Hamburgers! :D

If you walk into a Dr's. office as a perfect they are either A.  Going to look at you like the Plague, or B. Tell you that "We are NOT accepting new (strange, without a job and Lots of Insurance) patients. It is difficult to get looked at a Dr. except through the ER, if you are a Stranger.  I used to have to take Protine  (read BLOOD) tests, and it was hard enough just to get those take.

I'm just sayin.............

GOOD LUCK and be BLESSED!

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Mike and Claudia said:

But Eddie:  Even if you are FULL TIME, you have to at least have a Medical home.

Very important consideration, but I am a veteran and use the VA, and there are clinics everywhere. So while that is a valid concern, I am fortunate to have that ace in the hole.

On 8/15/2017 at 8:20 AM, sleeper125 said:

Just a word of possible caution... since 2007 many banks no longer will even do a VA loan (as I was very dissappointed to learn).  While some resumed doing VA loans in the last few years they often charge an excessive amount of points  (Of course they always blame it on the VA.) and an interest rate that is often a lot higher than you could get elsewhere.  And finally (based on a recent refinance attempt) about a 1/3rd will still want 10% down--even with the VA loan status. 

I ended up doing a regular refinance (fortunately I could).

As you can imagine my opinion of banks is less than zero.

Sorry I bought a house in 1995 in Washington State using VA and it only cost me the VA funding fee which is added to the loan and has nothing to do with the amount the house appraises for. I sold that house in 2005.

Fast forward to November 2016, I bought a house using VA in California and the only thing it cost me was the VA funding fee. I don't know who you have dealt with but I put down absolutely nothing. 

Sorry I know this is not what the OP asked but I had to respond.

James

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

Bill and I are 52, been full-time for just over 3 years, having closed on our house in Aug of 2014.  Prior to that, I researched for about a year, reading all I could get my eyes on, on this forum, Escapees website, also RV-Dreams.  We attended an RV-Dreams rally in April 2014, and found it very helpful.  

We took the first year off - traveled around, staying where we wanted for as long or short as we wanted.  Year 2 and 3 we did some workamping, 3 months (fall 2015) at Amazon in KY, May - Sept 2016 in Seward AK, and this past summer, April - early Sept 2017 in the Jersey Shore.  

Weve spent significant time with family and friends, and also time just with each other - as a couple - after raising our 2 kids and watching them fly on their own.  

Is everything sunshine and roses every day? No - but sunshine and roses happen a lot more often now than when high-stress jobs were sucking the life force from us!

Next year, we will be starting 2 new adventures, hopefully earning enough money to not have to workamp in one place for so long anymore, allowing us more freedom.  That's not to say we haven't enjoyed the workamping jobs (aside from the friends, does one really 'enjoy' Amazon?) but time for another something(s) new!  

Good luck in your new life - embrace it!  It's awesome!  

Bill and Kelly

2014 Heartland Landmark Grand Canyon

2011 Ford F350 Super Duty Deisel Dual Rear Wheel Extended Cab XLT

<p> Callie along for the ride - Raskal and Cocoa now watching over us from above

new blog: bkamericanodyssey.com

Archived