First trip out

oldride

We will be taking the HDT and trailer to Beavers Bend mid month any one now of good camping for big rigs? Ok so we went to Beavers lets say it's not big rig friendly.Before we left I had new tires put on the trailer. After getting in to a tight spot and hitting a rock I blow a 2 day old tire. I get out of that tight spot with a lot of sweat and a mad DW. I managed to get to a spot to change the tire and in the middle of that manage to step on my glasses. After I get the tire changed they said they had plenty of sights should be no problem for me to get into. Driving thru it become evident real quick this will be an issue. The sights are tight the road is narrow trees close to road and people park on the side of the road. Now I'm driving with no glasses and trying to worm my way thru narrow road tight trees and vehicles parked all over the place. Thankfully some people moved their pickups. I'm missing trees by inches and the DW is having anxiety attacks and the grandkids are asking way to many questions. Once we get out of that place I find and park at the closet and first place i can find. The DW is upset grand kids have no place to play and I'm fatigued.

The park manager tells me he has seen numerous motor homes come out of there with sides and awnings ripped off so I have to say I must be a good driver. We are 67 feet front to back.

Next day we go to Broken Bow find a place have my glasses put back together buy a new tire and i decided to leave the spare on the ground. We get on the turnpike and blow the spare. 30 mins later new tire on the trailer and off we go.

On the way home the AC quit in the truck think it's the fan clutch again electrical connection haven't found the issue yet.

Over all a great trip DW likes setting higher and air ride have to work on her seat a little to lean it back and give her short legs more leg room. Grandkids loved the ride and as for me a lot more relaxed pulling the trailer not fighting the side to side and braking for last minute people pulling out or stopping with no notice.

Now I'm ready to retire but I do have a long list of things to accomplice first.

HDT is the way for ME.

2011 CAN-AM Spyder Rt SE5, 2010 Alpine 5th wheel, 1998 Vovlo VNL610

Hopefully 2 years 6 month till full time retirement.

Sounds like a fun trip there oldride. You should have been with us the day the trailer came off the back of the truck. If you think your DW was mad, you should have seen mine.....

You will find that Google earth satellite view will be your best friend when hunting up places to stay. I never trust a park when they say "big rig friendly" as the big rigs they are talking about are about 30 feet shorter than us. I have always been able to find someplace to stay close to where we are going although there have been a few times that is was a little close.

Good luck with the AC and I hope it is a quick and cheap fix.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Archived