Tire size and gearing choices

13speed

4 hours ago, 13speed said:

I love 13 speeds (there might be a hint about that here somewhere) they are really fun to drive and there is always the right gear but...The ishift is just so damn good. Even after 20 years of truck driving I am still not as smooth as it is. The ishift also makes it possible for my wife to drive when needed and me if I was ever to get hurt so it is the only option. 

Wife and I both can shift the 13 speed. And I'm not perfect at shifting. But 99.9% of the time all you hear is a Click Click.. Plus no PC to go out on a RTLO16713AR.

event.png

1 hour ago, Pete Kildow said:

Wife and I both can shift the 13 speed. And I'm not perfect at shifting. But 99.9% of the time all you hear is a Click Click.. Plus no PC to go out on a RTLO16713AR.

I guess I could teach the wife to shift but it would be hard on me and even harder on the truck:rolleyes: The ishift is just to damn good to pass up. It also has a really good warranty and I have not heard of anyone having issues with them. I am sure someone somewhere has but I will take my chances. I am turning 50 this year and will most likely be to old and frail to shift much longer:lol:

Chris, Tracey, Aria & Lola

2018 Volvo VNR 400, D13 I-Shift

2018 NH 48' Majestic

29 minutes ago, 13speed said:

I guess I could teach the wife to shift but it would be hard on me and even harder on the truck:rolleyes: The ishift is just to damn good to pass up. It also has a really good warranty and I have not heard of anyone having issues with them. I am sure someone somewhere has but I will take my chances. I am turning 50 this year and will most likely be to old and frail to shift much longer:lol:

Part of me wanted to go with a truck. With Ishift but then I see what it cost to fix one. And even though there's not many of them with issues. There's always that one. And I'm sure it would be the one I own.

Funny part is, if there was still Truck drivers these days. The auto's would not be that poplar. But company's can fill the seats. If they operate more like a car. Not saying some could not dive a manual. But most can't shift these days. And god help them. If they had to go back to what I started out driving. 1970's Cabover with Cummins 290 and 13 speed. Freeze in the winter time. Burn up in the summer time. Also drivers seat was the only air ride. Springs all around so the ride was perfect when sitting still. LOL

event.png

Archived