Gear space 34 cargo carrier

Bobolynn

Before you do this, get an accurate weight on each axle of the RV and make sure that you have the weight capacity on your rear axle for what will result from this addition. Remember that due to leverage, the weight on the rear will be more than the total of the carrier and what you put into it, determined by the distance it is located behind the axle. In addition, it will remove weight from the front axle. It can be determined in the same way as figuring out the numbers for a motorcycle carrier. You can find out how to estimate the weight transfer by downloading this calculator from the Blue Ox company website. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I have a Lets Go Aero covered carrier and like it very much.  It is the Gear Deck 17 carrier, so it is the smaller version of what you are looking at.  I also added the tail light kit to it.  It does a good job of keeping my stuff dry and out of the way.  I use it on the rear of my 5th wheel to haul firewood and other miscellaneous items.  In the past I used it to haul my generator, but now that I have a built in it is more for extra stuff as needed.  I would buy it again.

Kirk gives good advise about knowing your weights before you load up an external carrier like that though.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Archived