New Horizons Information Needed

Need to educate myself about the New Horizons build style.  I've been thru the website, been thru Jack's site, and have spoken with several owners from 2016 models back to late 1990 models.

So here are some questions for New Horizons owners, past and present  

Was 2010 was the first year of the Majestic line?

Are there any known issues that have cropped up over time?  

Some units look like they sit lower than others, was MoRyde IS the standard? I know that they raised them 2012 or 2013 models, but a variance of skirt heights has been noticed.

Do the older models drag the tail badly on driveways?  Are rear casters standard on all models?

How is the roof to sidewall attachment done?  Screwed and glued under the fiberglass roof or?

Are the front and rear cap insulated with Blue Dow foam board like the sidewalls and roof?  Or are they fiberglass batten?

Is there a data base available that would have what was standard or option for the different model years?  I realize that Jack's site covers most of this but are there online brochures available?

Anything else you want to add????  Good???  Bad???? Ugly????

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Best to just go visit them. Spacecraft is 3 hours east of them, do both in one trip. Cole at NH and Marsha at Spacecraft will walk you though the assembly line and show you exactly what they do and how they do it. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

So here are some questions for New Horizons owners, past and present  

Was 2010 was the first year of the Majestic line?

***There were some built before, but I think they were titled 2010. We had unit #8 and it was 2010, build date Oct 2009. 

Are there any known issues that have cropped up over time?  

*** Sure, like any RV. Biggest is the focused delam on some walls of the 2012's. About a run of 8 units all of whom have been fixed. It was a combination of bad glue and some frame issues. Fixed.

Some units look like they sit lower than others, was MoRyde IS the standard? I know that they raised them 2012 or 2013 models, but a variance of skirt heights has been noticed.

***The original prototype was VERY low. Units 1-7 were also pretty low. I insisted on a 2" rise in the #8 and all units after that were 2" rise. Then in 2012 there was another slight increase in skirt height. And in 2015 we speced out 2" more. All are now that height. Our 2015 was the first customer 2015. The rear cap is also 2" more clearance.  All NH have always had M/R IS.

*** Also new in 2015 is the new wall structure (sandwich) which results - IMO - in the best looking sidewall on any current RV. It really is quite good - very few ripples and the waves that will occur in any wall are really reduced. All RV walls have some wave or ripple in them. If you look at the later NH they really represent an improvement over other coaches, and over their previous models.

Do the older models drag the tail badly on driveways?  Are rear casters standard on all models?

***All models can drag in some circumstances. Thus the rollers which are a standard feature, and do work well. 2012 onward the dragging is not a real issue. 2015 improved it quite a bit. We have only touched once or twice. 

How is the roof to sidewall attachment done?  Screwed and glued under the fiberglass roof or?

***overlapped with an adhesive caulk, then lag bolted. There has never been an issue with the attachment methods that I know of. And I think I would know.

Are the front and rear cap insulated with Blue Dow foam board like the sidewalls and roof?  Or are they fiberglass batten?

***  A combination, depending on where. Insulation in the front has improved quite a bit over the years. From 2015 on it is quite good. Prior to that, it was good, but not as good as it could have been. They have tightened up those locations quite a bit. Overall the insulation is among the best int he industry. 

Is there a data base available that would have what was standard or option for the different model years?  I realize that Jack's site covers most of this but are there online brochures available?

***Nope, but you can ask me about specifics. It is too much info to try to document it all. 

BTW our 2015 is available. We will be at the ECR, as will Cole from NH with the new Majestic (2017). That Majestic is a traditional interior, but they can and do produce some spectacular contemporary interiors to your spec. Ours is "transitional". There are videos of ours on the RV Haulers Youtube channel. We will also have at least three haulers available to view at the Rally, and perhaps our new truck (touch and go getting it done).

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

23 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

Best to just go visit them. Spacecraft is 3 hours east of them, do both in one trip. Cole at NH and Marsha at Spacecraft will walk you though the assembly line and show you exactly what they do and how they do it. 

Already been to Space Craft.  We have a floor plan and a unit spec'd out with Marsha, just haven't said go yet.  Right now we're keeping our options open with other ideas as our situation has changed. 

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived