Fan on dash for AC and heater inoopl

Fuzz

Fan quit working on heater and AC in front..Sleeper fan OK. checked for fuses found one for AC controls (10A).It was OK.

Now what? It was working OK when I parked it.Sat a couple of days and Kaput.

2001 Volvo 770-2003 travel supreme36

Fuzz, I don't know why, but I was thinking the cooling fan was one of the relay's in the fuse panel. I could be wrong. Did you look at the fuse panel map for them? They are all the same anyway, if one says it is the fan, just swap it with another and see if it works. That will tell you it is the relay. Of course there is always the basic stand by....pull all the wires off the battery and count to 20. Reconnect them and see. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

It's a 2001 Volvo 770..A/C not "climate control" ie, manual.The A/C in rear works...cold air and heater when selected..

It's been sitting for about 6 hrs.and it's cool today around 60deg.Idled it to warm it up a little to see if warm air in back(there  was).

Engine fan did not come on when turning on A/C.being as cool as it is I was thnking that was normal...Gonna go look for a relay now..

Thanks for the help folks

I don't think there's a relay since it's multiple speeds.

One of the common failure modes on the volvos is for some speeds to stop working, and that's the failure of the control panel. The truck we bought had that problem, and it was intermittent. Replacing the panel fixed it.

-j

2007 Volvo 780 Volvo D12D, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Move to someplace where you do not need a heater. tis that time of year.

Good luck 

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

Can you get to the blower motor and check if there is voltage when you turn the fan speed on? That's my first place to check for stuff like this. My dash fan speed switch died last year. It first quit on one speed. Then another. And I could tap on the switch and sometimes make it work. That was easy since it was obviously the switch. 

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Wind let up finally so got to the motor.Pulled the large connector to the blower motor..It does have power when switch is seleted on.No power with switch turned to OFF.

Squirrel cages turn freely.  Does indicate it is probably in the motor and not the control unit?Should I look at a new blower assembly($80+- on ebay) or just the motor...not sure where to get that if that's what you think I should try..

Again thanks all

LOL  which looks easier to change? Wouldn't you have to remove the whole assembly to replace the motor? Whats the difference in cost? How yucky is that 16 year old fan (although its easy enough to clean)?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

• 2 weeks later...

Archived