Smart Car Leaks

Momsreading

I have a question for the Smart car owners.  In checking out the battery area and the the towing bolt we noticed a big puddle of water in the floorboard of our new smart car.  We had driven in some Rainey weather bringing it home and going into Houston.  Has anyone had this problem and figured out what the problem is?

2013 Freightliner Cascadia

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Never had no water in my smart......

:D are ya sure the windows wuz up? :D

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Check on Smart car forums USA and Canada. You will find a ton of info there. 

The older cars would get water in there was usually windshield gasket leaks. 

The biggest issue is the SAM is down next to the battery. Computer and wiring hates water and corrosion. 

Not sure if there was a change in 08 up on the location. 

Check those forums. 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

On the '08+s (well, 451s), the SAM is over on the driver's side, above and left of the brake pedal.  Windshield leaks would be an easy culprit, but also check out the battery vent tube.  It connects to the near side of the battery (toward the rear of the car) and drops down and outside.  I don't remember where exactly it exits, so it could either be a source of water intrusion (if on the side and pulled loose), or an easy way to drain the water (if on the bottom--pull it out and let the water exit that hole).

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Archived