MDT/HDT Propaganda

Av8r3400

1 hour ago, Big5er said:

I came down one of those mountain passes that was just one switch back after another, 4 or 5 of them if I remember right. I told the lady with me that I figured the guy behind us thought I didn't have any brake lights. I know he was riding his brakes , but I never touched mine. Dropped the Freedomline into 9th and let it and the engine brake do ALL the work...the whole way down. 

Which brings up an observation by my favorite co-pilot.......She informed me that running in highway traffic, my brake lights were not coming on when I was slowing down.  I had the jake doing all the work, which meant that those following were getting surprised when I let off the throttle.  She suggested I run the jake in a lighter setting, and touch the brake pedal to let folks know I was slowing.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was following a new Peterbuilt dump truck the other day and the brake lights flashing on and off a lot so I asked why he had to use the brakes so much. He said the he had the Jake brake on and every time you let off on the throttle the brake lights come automatically. Wonder if the new Volvo's have that option  

2011 Volvo D13 485/1750  Eaton 13 Speed

2016 Montana 3820FK

2 hours ago, Big5er said:

I came down one of those mountain passes that was just one switch back after another, 4 or 5 of them if I remember right. I told the lady with me that I figured the guy behind us thought I didn't have any brake lights. I know he was riding his brakes , but I never touched mine. Dropped the Freedomline into 9th and let it and the engine brake do ALL the work...the whole way down. 

That's exactly why I want and am going to have an HDT.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

On 3/8/2017 at 7:22 PM, Big5er said:

I have a test kit for that. Can't have someone hauling synthetic DP through my county. :)

I haven't had to worry about those "test kits" for over 8 years now. :D

Sniper & Sweet P

Escapees 124743 H.O.C. 1371

Archived