Selling the Volvo

RickW

In For Sale Section

Life is always changing and full of surprises. Even as recent as a few months ago the plan was to purchase a new trailer this year or more likely build a new one (leaning real hard towards SpaceCraft) but after a long hard look of where we currently are in life and where we are headed in the foreseeable future and several other factors we decided it would be best to also consider a Diesel Pusher before committing to a new trailer.

Long story short is we committed to a new motor home last night. As hard as we tried we can not think of any valid reason to keep the Volvo, so it must go. We are bummed about selling the Volvo but extremely excited in our overall decision to make the jump over to a motor home.

The sell of the Volvo is not dependent on selling the trailer first. The trailer is being traded as the value offered was in the ballpark and does not tie my hands of selling it first before I can sell the truck. Just too much going on to try and sell both. Plus truck, trailer and MH take up a lot of space, even if for a short period of time.

Right now I only have the truck listed here. Thought I would give those here interested a jump start before I start the full court press. By the end of the week, I will have it cleaned and ready for a new owner. Once I do that it will be listed everywhere I can think of. The quicker I sell the better because the longer it sits here the more likely I will come up with an excuse not to sell it.

I am only asking $45k. That should be a hell of a deal for somebody. I have more than that in the truck with everything it has. I know I could not find and build another one for that budget.

The truck is ready to hitch and go. In just the past 90 days alone I have put 6k miles on it with two separate trips to California and back.

If I still own the truck when the ECR happens next month, I will bring it out to TN (but hopefully not home). We have too many friends here in the HDT community to stop hanging around and not continue attending rallies. We will just have to park with the other outcasts.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Congrats Rick on your decision. What kind of Motorhome? You will always be welcome at the ECR and can park anywhere you want, lol. We would miss you two if you didn't show up. As we age and Donna's knees aggravate her more we are going to have to make the same decision. You may want to correct your ad. It lists as a 2014 Volvo.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Congrats Rick on your decision. What kind of Motorhome? You will always be welcome at the ECR and can park anywhere you want, lol. We would miss you two if you didn't show up. As we age and Donna's knees aggravate her more we are going to have to make the same decision. You may want to correct your ad. It lists as a 2014 Volvo.

We bought a Entegra Anthem.

Knee problems is kinda what started the discussion. Plus last spring in YellowStone on our last day (thankfully), Alicia rolled over on her ankle and fell out of the trailer. She was even sober at the time! She was yelling loud enough that people come over to make sure I was not beating her or something. Realizing the trip was over we had to make a 2 day push (1400 miles) to get home ASAP to minimize the number of times she would have to climb in/out of the truck to get home. Then when arriving in California about 6 weeks ago it started raining about 30 minutes before we arrived at our destination. It rained for 3 days. We sat in the cab for a bit before I finally said the hell with it and I got out and unhitched. While that is not normal it was just that finally thing that made us say we have to seriously consider our options before committing to another trailer.

We will be at the ECR with or with out the truck. I would not be surprised to see us in Hutch also. Too many friends to not go.

I'm Sure it will be a quick sell, someone will get a great truck.

Funny how so many people do switch from trailer to DP

But hardly ever the other way around.

Good luck with your next venture.

I hope it goes quick. Otherwise I may never let it go.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

Rick's truck is a great build! I love how heavy duty he made the bed. I'm secretly glad you're joining the self propelled motorhome group. You're going to love it. We love ours. Oh wait, why in the world would you want the motor hiding in the trunk? Oh my. 

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

38 minutes ago, Bob86ZZ4 said:

Rick's truck is a great build! I love how heavy duty he made the bed. I'm secretly glad you're joining the self propelled motorhome group. You're going to love it. We love ours. Oh wait, why in the world would you want the motor hiding in the trunk? Oh my. 

Thanks Bob!  We gave serious consideration to having a Truck Conversion done on the Volvo.  We have just had so many construction projects over the past few years, it was hard to get excited about the idea of starting yet another build project.  It is going to take some getting use to with the motor so far behind me now.  I guess I can run the generator if I miss the sound of a diesel motor.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

1 hour ago, Bob86ZZ4 said:

Even Mark and Dale still got the powerplant at the right end of the vehicle. And he's gone to the trouble of getting his rig legal as far as lights and reflectors go--we'll need to get you squared away on that Entegra before he complains about his neighborhood at the rally going downhill and getting too crowded. ;)

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

1 hour ago, Nuke-E said:

Even Mark and Dale still got the powerplant at the right end of the vehicle. 

What if I drive backwards?

1 hour ago, Nuke-E said:

And he's gone to the trouble of getting his rig legal as far as lights and reflectors go--we'll need to get you squared away on that Entegra before he complains about his neighborhood at the rally going downhill and getting too crowded. ;)

With as much as I spent; all the right reflectors in all the right places better be there!  

As for the neighborhood he would not be the first or last who tries to chase me out of a neighborhood.  I move in and all of a sudden everybody else wants to move out!

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

6 minutes ago, RickW said:

What if I drive backwards?

With as much as I spent; all the right reflectors in all the right places better be there!  

As for the neighborhood he would not be the first or last who tries to chase me out of a neighborhood.  I move in and all of a sudden everybody else wants to move out!

Rick, if it's a new one, it's worse than most of the home-built HDT beds.  I looked at one at a show about a month ago, and for all the fancy swoopy LEDs on it, they didn't cover the bases well at all.

If you ever decide to sell your place in Wylie, give me a heads up.  We'll make the cranky neighbor that can't sell a nice offer, then resell for a nice quick profit once you move out. ?

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

2 hours ago, Nuke-E said:

Rick, if it's a new one, it's worse than most of the home-built HDT beds.  I looked at one at a show about a month ago, and for all the fancy swoopy LEDs on it, they didn't cover the bases well at all.

If you ever decide to sell your place in Wylie, give me a heads up.  We'll make the cranky neighbor that can't sell a nice offer, then resell for a nice quick profit once you move out. ?

Great I have not even taken delivery yet on a new coach and I already have a punch list. 

That would be a wise investment. 

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

Rick we sure hope that you are going to continue coming to the rallies (at least Alicia).

Brad 

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

4 hours ago, Brad & Jacolyn said:

Rick we sure hope that you are going to continue coming to the rallies (at least Alicia).

Brad 

I'm afraid it's a package deal, Brad. 

Speaking of which, are you coming to Crossville this year? I mean, not necessarily you, but everyone wants to see Jacolyn.  I've gotten used to it too--for the record, Milo will be at the rally, which means everyone has to put up with me. ;)

Yes Alicia & Bailey Mae will still be coming to rallies.  My presence is only required to handle the used plastic bags that Bailey Mae fills.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

Rick,

I gave ShowHauler a call about transforming my truck.  They requested a minimum of 15,000 lb front axle and preferred 18,000-- pricey.  Also to cutoff sleeper and reframe ~$20k and all this was farmed out.  Then the build could begin for another $150k or up.  They are solid and can carry and pull a lot but just didn't fit our plans.  Probably better to spec out new day cab or glider to begin something like that.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I agree.  One of the reason's we dropped the idea of converting our truck.  It would have made sense to start with a new truck at that point.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

Rick glad to hear that you will be coming to clean up after Bailey. That other guy will be there also to clean up after Milo.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, Nuke-E said:

I'm afraid it's a package deal, Brad. 

Speaking of which, are you coming to Crossville this year? I mean, not necessarily you, but everyone wants to see Jacolyn.  I've gotten used to it too--for the record, Milo will be at the rally, which means everyone has to put up with me. ;)

Will not make Crossville this year. We are pointing toward the other coast starting April 1st. We will se you on the way back when we hit Hutchinson.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

Archived