Ballpark shop time?

PEIFamily

Taking the truck in tomorrow to get a few computer parmiters changed, when doing that, I am going to get them to adjust the clutch as it's starting to need a tweak. How much ballpark shop time should I be looking at for an adjustment of the 13 speed and brake if everything goes good? New shop, never been there before. It is at a Volvo dealer and hourly rate is 127. Thanks

2006 Volvo 670 singled long

2011 Heartland Sundance 3300CK

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Taking the truck in tomorrow to get a few computer parmiters changed, when doing that, I am going to get them to adjust the clutch as it's starting to need a tweak. How much ballpark shop time should I be looking at for an adjustment of the 13 speed and brake if everything goes good? New shop, never been there before. It is at a Volvo dealer and hourly rate is 127. Thanks

16 minutes IF you happen to be a pair of Geezers.....

Three weeks ago I talked my bride into helping with adjusting the clutch on the Freightshaker ......she ask how much time it would take to adjust the clutch....I smiled and said "10 minutes tops" she smiled and said ok you got TEN minutes of help.....

She gets in the driver's seat and I start crawling under the truck but it's so low that I get stuck in under the running board so....I have to crawl in from in front of the front driver then the inspection hole plate wrench falls out of my pocket and I am laying on top of it .... finally I remove the inspection plate and of course the clutch plate adjustment hex head is at the 12:00 position so I have to rotate the flywheel 180 degrees with a screwdriver clocking the ring gear and then I have to tap the adjusting hex head to break it loose and then turn it 3/4 turn as the wife depresses the clutch pedal......I crawl out from under the truck and measure 1 1/2 inch of free pedal and then crawl back under the truck and replace the inspection plate and crawl back out and the wife informs me that she timed the job and I ran into overtime by SIX minutes so I owed her Mex dinner out....

16 minutes for geezers....likely your shop can make a clutch adjustment take longer and cost more than a Mex-dinner....

Drive on.....(geezer flat rate....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

I use a 2x4 as my assistant when adjusting the clutch. Climb in cab, depress clutch with foot, wedge 2x4 between seat and pedal, climb below cab & adjust. Repeat as necessary. Makes it a one man job. Takes 30-45 min to adjust when going slow and working alone.

:-)

2004 Volvo 630, Cummins ISX, Eaton 10 speed (air assist clutch), 3.71 3.07 rear locker, ET jr, 200" WB, GearMaster

2017 Forest River Sierra 372LOK

Full time June 2017

DW, 2 kids, and 2 dogs

Archived