One Way Cell Phone connection......Anybody have this problem?

Vladimir

I was camped in the middle of somewhere roaming outside the Verizon network. No service without the eboost amplifier.

I dialed my cabin to make sure I could get connected. The spot was rather isolated and on a dirt road and I had it pretty much to myself. I was bird hunting with my dog so was concerned about being able to connect in case of an emergency.

After a couple of days without text messages, or getting e-mails. I decided to call my wife. She saw that it was me calling on her phone. I could hear her crystal clear, but she could not hear me at all. Tried twice more with the same result.

Called a friend and he had the same problem with my call. He did say that he could tell there was a crystal clear connection, and again I could hear him perfectly clear. But he could not hear me at all.

I checked the mute button and other obvious problems.

Anybody have this happen to them??

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

Yep I'm in a deadern dead zone, I can hear people that call me but they have trouble of maybe hearing me. but a text works fairly well if I'm within 15' of Verizons booster they sent me. Ever notice how strong Verizons call is to let you know your bill is due :blink:

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

I live in a state park with a very poor cell phone connection. I can hear the caller but they can not hear me. The reason is that the signal coming into my phone from the cell tower is very strong but my signal coming from my phone is weak sending out a poor signal. You may be having the same problem. I found that if I put my phone on speaker and hold it away from my face it works better.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I did.

As soon as I realized that I had no "contact" I packed up and left the campsite. I almost twisted my ankle that morning hunting so did not want to be alone in a place with no "contact",

So I drove up to the ridge and called out. Phone worked fine and I talked to my wife, who then got mad because I was missing my birthday dinner!!

What was interesting the phone was still hooked to the amplifier. I was a long, long way from anything.

I suspect it was because I was in a VERY marginal area. Not getting text or e-mails was a clue, so maybe it was the reason for no voice service.

Your thoughts.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

I did.

As soon as I realized that I had no "contact" I packed up and left the campsite. I almost twisted my ankle that morning hunting so did not want to be alone in a place with no "contact",

So I drove up to the ridge and called out. Phone worked fine and I talked to my wife, who then got mad because I was missing my birthday dinner!!

What was interesting the phone was still hooked to the amplifier. I was a long, long way from anything.

I suspect it was because I was in a VERY marginal area. Not getting text or e-mails was a clue, so maybe it was the reason for no voice service.

Your thoughts.

By directional amp should be working . I good area the amplifier is turning itself down if it adheres to new FCC rules.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

Archived