VA makes another pledge

Ray,IN

https://www.propublica.org/article/va-officials-pledge-new-studies-into-effects-of-agent-orange

another article:

https://www.propublica.org/series/reliving-agent-orange

I try to stay positive, but my BIL has been slowly dying for the past 10 years. VA Dr. gave him 6-12 months last spring, his civilian Dr. gave the same diagnosis.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Seeing something change for the better would be nice but I'll be really surprised to see any change to the current "ignore it and it will go away" policy. A real study followed by a review panel not stuffed with stooges would be a big change.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Thanks for these links. Ron served in a Helicopter squadrton on the USS Sacramento. Diagnosed with Parkinson's we have no idea how to start the search to prove he was exposed. If the VA can give benefits to a current Air Force Reserve Unit because they work on old planes used in VN then I don't understand why they can't do it for anyone exposed to aircraft ( flying in them or working on them, in which case Ron did both)

He has no way to prove he put his feet on ships while very reping that are on the list multiple?e times

I'm sure he will die of this disease without ever seeing a dime

And let's not even go into our son's rare immune disease that resulted in a Kidney Transplant at age 25

We will go to the links as fill out the surveys. I'm dumb struck that most Vets dontbknow about these surveys

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Many vets have given up hope, look at the suicide numbers (below) and consider the deaths following the vet just giving up fighting the VA (see the VA scandal topics here) and staying home to die.

The latest of several suicide studies:

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/veterans/2016/07/07/va-suicide-20-daily-research/86788332/

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived