Egr replace

bigredhdt

I am considering the EGR delete kit from OTR Performance Parts, as I am also getting an EGR code. Considering the cost of replacing the EGR valves and/or cooler, the kit seems pretty attractive. Be safe. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

We bought our truck from another forum member in March. He told us that both EGR valves had been replaced when he bought it from Arrrow truck. He put on about 15,000 miles in 3 years.

We had the truck a couple of weeks and started getting EGR position errors. Based on the fact that they had been replaced recently and were starting to fail again, I started looking at options. I found a few forum members that had opted for this as a solution:

http://otrperformance.com/product/d12-ved12-egr-performance-kit-vnl-vn-vhd/

So we gave it a try. Since then we've put on about 1,000 miles and no codes. The truck is pulling well.

2007 Volvo 780 Volvo D12D, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

We were just in some 90-95 degree heat and the truck seemed to be at normal temps even with the AC running. Temps would settle around 180degF and then climb a bit and then the fan would kick on and it would drop back down.

In theory the EGR delete should drop coolant temps since the EGR cooler is no longer doing anything.

2007 Volvo 780 Volvo D12D, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Archived