Added External BBQ Propane Line...DONE!

I decided to just jump right in and play "Joe the Plumber".....Playing with propane...What could go wrong!

It came out great!

I wrote an article about it on my web site. Lots of pictures.

Enjoy

Gasconnectoutside-vi.jpg

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

Looks good but I see a potential problem if you ever have a tire failure. Hopefully you installed a ball valve on that line at the tank?

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

It is simply tied into the mail line that supplies the refrigerator, stove and furnace. In the same general area are the soft copper lines to these appliances. Would be interesting if a tire blew and tore any of this plumbing out while gas was supplying the refrigerator!

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

I don't know how many folks have noticed the situation but the last couple of years RV manufactures have been using rubber gas hose from brass "Tees" along frame members and from side to side. There was a travel trailer parked beside us sometime ago, the rubber line came from the automatic change-over down to the frame. Then to a tee, then two rubber lines left there, one to the opposite side of trailer, then the other continued on back, split at another tee and two left there. The tees are a brass rectangular block with six ports available. Those ports not used have pipe plugs in them. There are two "eyelets" on the blocks that allow screws to go thru to hold the blocks to whatever. A couple of instances I have seen some of the longer runs bagging down.

I would move it farther from the tire or build a strong shield around the connection. When that tire fails, it will take the connection out.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Archived