California Registration as Motorhome

Raquel

I just want to clear something up. Four years ago we were finally able to get our truck registered as a motorhome using the services of,

Bracken Tax & License Service

1155 S Milliken Ave

Ontario, CA 91761

(909) 390-0024

However, it is my understanding that (whatever form it took, or whatever the process) they found that registering our trucks as motorhomes could no longer be done. They will no longer perform that service.

We have since become domiciled in South Dakota, where our truck is registered as a private truck.

To the very best of my knowledge, whatever we did to register our truck in California as a motorhome can no longer be done and that it is impossible, currently, to register one of our trucks as a motorhome in California.

That's all I know.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

California...I don't understand that State. Isn't that considered "Profiling"

It would be an interesting test, that I will not fight. I bought my Truck New as a incomplete Truck then added a Smartbed (it's now complete), it's never been Commercial or For Hire, it was bought with no FET, and only registered as a motorhome. How could any State change the history of a vehicle. "Just Sayin"

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

The method that some of us got to enjoy to re register our class 8 trucks as a motor home has been eliminated.

So no new " conversions " will be registered as such.

There have been successful registrations and transfers

of trucks brought into Cali already registered as motor homes in other states. No promises that this will always be the case.

The details of this whole mess can be found on the forum by doing a search on "California HDT registrations" by Chad Heiser. He explains it in easy to understand terms.

The method that some of us got to enjoy to re register our class 8 trucks as a motor home has been eliminated.

So no new " conversions " will be registered as such.

There have been successful registrations and transfers

of trucks brought into Cali already registered as motor homes in other states. No promises that this will always be the case.

The details of this whole mess can be found on the forum by doing a search on "California HDT registrations" by Chad Heiser. He explains it in easy to understand terms.

You're correct, thanks for the reference.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=119455#entry795060

and a second thread

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=118588

see post #12/13 for links to the regulations.

Michael

Archived