Any Current Healthcare Solutions for Pre 65 healthcare?

I think post #22 was the last on-topic comment

I disagree. I think post #36 about short-term health insurance plans being eliminated was on topic. :)

I also think you meant to link to Kyle's page about health insurance for RVers. If so, remember that he's in the business of selling health insurance, and there's nothing in it for him to research things that he's not going to make a commission on. I don't know what the "partnership" with Escapees is, but I suspect it's a marketing thing and a way for Escapees to occupy a space where they would otherwise have nothing.

It's a shame because Kyle was real helpful in presenting the facts about BCBS's withdrawal from Texas last year and what do to about it. It's because of him that I even know that Florida is an option. But if he's not going to make money on it, I shouldn't expect him to keep doing the research.

But he did become the big name in this field, and I think his current site is a little deceptive in that it says the only thing he's offering those under 65 is a health share ministry (I notice he doesn't use the word "ministry" on the front page). Most people would see that and conclude that it's the only option possible, not just the only one Kyle offers. Because Kyle's site is cited over and over as THE place for RVers to get health insurance information.

There is a link to healthsherpa.com at the top for "instant health quotes with a subsidy," but it gets kind of lost in the rest of the page. And I notice that it looks like an affiliate link; if that's the case, he gets paid for the click.

If you can stand to read down the rest of the page, you get some "here's what you should be doing to lower costs" but not really anything on how to get the insurance. But again, that's not what the website is for if it's not going to be making money on it.

Which is the bottom line, I think. In Kyle's case, he's not going to do a bunch of legwork out of the goodness of his heart. As for Escapees, I wonder what percentage of their membership the under-65 crowd comprises. Probably quite small. As we've all found, health insurance for under-65 people is not only incredibly complex, it is constantly changing. Keeping on top of that is a time-intensive proposition, and I just don't think there are enough Escapees under 65 to justify the organization paying someone to collect and present all that information.

Also, I bet their mail service is a big portion of their revenue, so it's not in their interest to do a lot of research into the benefits of domiciling in a state other than ones where they have a mail service.

[Off topic, but man I hate websites like Kyle's that are designed for phones, narrow things with the static picture in the back and the scrolling stuff in front of it. Everybody used to laugh about how junky myspace pages looked, and we're right back to that same design, but with the addition of things that appear and disappear at the top.]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually - seeing all the banter, bickering, and commentary on business elements not represented here - practically all of this has been off topic if one actually reads what my original post actually asked. If some wish a platform - for certainly an important topic - to conduct a political and/or policy debate regarding the costs, economics, and access of healthcare in America, start a thread for that; looks like there are many people that would certainly interested in that. I have received nearly zero information that actually pertained to what I asked. FYI: I am under 65 and I am an escapee member. Thanks for telling me I probably don't count somehow.

Concerning what capacity Kyle will fill, what Kyle actually wrote me is:

"Thank you so much for contacting us here at RVer Insurance Exchange. This is a confirmation email that we have received your inquiry. We will reply as soon as we can!

Important: Please read the following if you are under 65 and requesting a ACA health insurance quote from us:

Dear fellow RVer,

Thank you for contacting us here at RVer Insurance Exchange. It is with great disappointment that we have to announce that due to recent announcements from most insurance companies to discontinue compensating agents we will not be able to provide one on one health insurance consultations to non-Medicare customers (except for those interested in our Health Care Sharing program) until further notice and instead will move to a self-service website for non-Medicare health insurance quoting and enrolling.

We will continue to update the website and add information relevant to health insurance for RVers—we just won’t be able to provide one-on-one consultations for non-Medicare health insurance until further notice. (my highlighted notation)

Please note that this does not apply to our other products! We will continue to offer quotes for Auto/RV, Short Term Medical, Medicare, Telemedicine, Health Care Sharing and more at RVer Insurance Exchange.

What can you do? First, we suggest you read our RVer Guide to ACA Enrollment. The end of the guide gives you some insight into what specific insurance companies we recommend you consider in FL, SD, or TX.

Then, if you would like a quote for insurance you can still obtain instant quotes and enroll right here. Our popular 10 minute Marketplace application will remain available at that link indefinitely. It is still helpful to us if you enroll through our website."

I'm not going to bother monitoring this anymore.

Thanks for telling me I probably don't count somehow.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

I have received nearly zero information that actually pertained to what I asked.

Especially when the messenger is one of the people who did try to give you information that pertained to what you asked.

And even you dipped your toe into the political debate when you said, "In terms of political statements, I think ACA is simply government mandated corporate profits."

I'm with you as one of the small number of under-65 fulltimer RVers who need a nationwide network of doctors but nobody can make money on by providing information about health insurance options. I don't like it, but I don't take it personally.

I'm with you as one of the small number of under-65 fulltimer RVers who need a nationwide network of doctors but nobody can make money on by providing information about health insurance options. I don't like it, but I don't take it personally.

Absolutely.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

As mentioned in this thread earlier, yeah, I don't like it either. But I do take it personally, as it impacts us as a part of this admittedly small voting block. We seem to be carrying a bit more of the financial load, for those that are being subsidized.

So easy to get down the PC rat hole when talking about ACA. Some are happy, some are not. Some are paying more, some are paying less, some have coverage where they did not before. Many were seemingly buffered by ACA, as the higher costs are passed onto the providers of their health care, either while at work or retired. And of course, ACA sure was not a good idea for Congress to adopt for their health care.

Let your representatives know how you feel, what you feel needs fixing. And vote how you see things. Sometimes, yeah not too often, this can make a difference.

But, also as I've mentioned. Staying healthy means not letting this kind of thing get to you. Do your best to adjust, and work with what you have to. (I'm now doing that...)

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Archived