Windows 10 Anniversary Update will require more RAM

RV_

This is for 32 bit versions only. 64 bit systems remain the same.

I wondered at who would buy Windows tablets with only 1 GB of RAM? In my experience 32GB of storage and 1GB or RAM for tablets are insufficient for decent use but many still sold smallish tablets that way. In July, when the free upgrade runs out both tablets and older systems that are 32 bit will need 2GB of RAM not the previous minimum of 1. We buy only 4GB or more 64 bit tablets with 64-128GB of SSDs now. MY wife loves here Venue11 Pro hand me down 32 bit tablet with 64GB of SSD and only 2 GB of RAM.

Excerpt:

"If you're running Windows 10 on a budget PC, or a system that's a few years old, then the upcoming Windows Anniversary Update might require a hardware upgrade.

One gigabyte of RAM might have been enough for Windows 10 - and Windows 7 and Windows 8 - but the upcoming Windows Anniversary Update is set to change that.

According to Microsoft documentation, the 32-bit Windows Anniversary Update will bump the minimum RAM requirement from the current 1GB to 2GB of RAM.

The RAM requirement for 64-bit systems remains the same, at 2GB.

All other minimum system requirements remain unchanged

•1GHz processor
•16GB of free storage for the 32-bit version and 20GB free storage for the 64-bit version
•DirectX 9 support"

The whole article is here: http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-anniversary-update-will-require-more-ram/?tag=nl.e539&s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I'm OK with the RCA tablet I bought, but I am sure there will be many who are getting so POed :angry: with Microsoft that they will go with Google, Linux or Apple :o! Maybe someone will make a like GWX control which will prevent the update on those 1 GB machines. ;)

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

Archived