Unlimited Data on Cricket

I just went to check plans on Cricket and must have missed the announcement. They have an Unlimited 4G Data plan for $70($65 on autopay). I have not read the fine print yet. I just switched to Cricket and other than not knowing that ATT has gone to 10 digit dialing it is working well. I have not tethered my phone yet(that is why I went to the website). After seeing the new plan I need to do some thinking but am leaning toward it.

Bummer-just read some of the fine print and no tethering on new plan, yet.

Bummer-just read some of the fine print and no tethering on new plan, yet.

I'm not sure where you're reading that, since their website lists phones that are compatible with using as a hotspot:

https://www.cricketwireless.com/content/aio/en/support/plans-and-features/mobile-hotspot/customer/hotspot-compatible-phones.html

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I have the Cricket $60.00 Plan with the $10.00 Hotspot feature with 10 GB's of 4G LTE data and when it rune out, it goes to a slower speed that won't allow watching videos but still has browsing. Extra 1 GB = $10.00.

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

I was excited to read this but I also now see where the unlimited plan does not allow the additional 10 buck's a month tethering option....I use the 5g a month with tethering but I suppose I should pay 10 bucks more for an additional 5 gigs..if I used that much.

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

Yes, you're right. I've been checking their website because the coverage looks OK for where we travel. I just had a CHAT with an agent and she confirmed that the $10 per month mobile hotspot is not available on the $70 per month unlimited plan...yet. So perhaps, in the future, it will be.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Still, 10G on the $60 plan is good. I had a phone and a hot spot and was paying, for 5G, around $86/month 7 months of the year(when I used the hot spot), $45 for the phone and $41 for the hot spot. It was actually more since I would run use up 5G in about 3 weeks and had to renew the plan. I will be going with the $60 and 10G + $10 for tethering my phone when we hit the road in July. According to my phone I can tether up to 10 devices. All this is plenty for me. When off the road I will just drop back to the $40 plan.

I doubt Cricket will open the unlimited plan to tethering. If they do I would jump on it since I don't think the offer will last long.

I switched from Verizon to one of Cricket's prepaid plans

a few months back. One word of warning

though - at one RV park I was literally within spitting

distance of an ATT tower but apparently it was not owned, but

leased, to ATT. My understanding is that only plans that are under contract

had access to the third party tower.

Check the coverage area.I had a similar issue last summerin

Culbertson, Mt. with Verizon's network.

All in all though, I'm quite happy with Cricket.

Correct.. the new Cricket Unlimited plan does not have the data tethering option.

We covered the plan when it was announced in mid-April at:

New Cricket Unlimited Data Plan on the AT&T Network

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Archived