Motorcycle carrier

lenp

I just acquired a used "RV Lifts" motorcycle carrier. Unfortunately, it did not come with any instructions. Anyone have one of these lifts that would care to share your manual?

Many thanks,

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Thanks Kirk. Had that one figured out and I will have to watch my rear axle weight when carrying the Harley. Probably run with little or no fresh water in the tank along with a few other weight loss items.

Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Google is your friend! I tried to read that phone number and got it wrong a couple times but third guess was a charm and found this:

http://www.markhound.com/trademark/search/axiPaAAeW

http://rv-lifts-of-america-llc.cheyenne.wy.amfibi.directory/us/c/672653-rv-lifts-of-america-llc

(see spare tire carrier)

http://www.fmcmagazine.com/back-issues/2007/february-32460/1946-rv-products-february-2007.html

They may be out of business but at least you have a spot to start looking.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Thanks Stan. You got to about the same place I did. Seems to be a dead end after these links.

I had hoped someone here might have one and would be willing to share information.

I am having the two additional receivers installed and will be mounting the carrier in a few days. I don't expect any issues but would have liked some documentation.

Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

The problem with those lifts is not how much total weight you carry ,but how much is behind the axle .

Most gas coaches hang at least 6 to 8 feet behind the axle . Hit a good bump with an extra 1000lb back there and the frame bends .

Diesel pushers on the other hand only hang out around 4 feet so the frame is much stronger behind the axle .

Looks like your hiding a few pieces in your picture . Hope they are all there. :rolleyes:

Got it all mounted and very surprised at how much weight actually was added to the rear axle. Had expected more.

The math said I should have added over 1800 pounds but only added 1200, Not bad for a 920 pound bike and (probably) 200 pound carrier. Offloaded the front by only 475 pounds. Still about 400 pounds over on the rear GAWR but I think I can rearrange things enough to take care of that.

And, yes, all the pieces were there. Loaded and ready to go.....

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Put a strap on your front and rear wheels at the bottom. You want the wheels strapped to the rail. Someone that attended one of the HDT rallies had his almost bounce off. He had it secured how you do now. Sustained over $1200 in damages to his dresser.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Ronbo,

Have straps on both front and rear tires (to the rail) - can't see them in the photos though unless you zoom way in then you can see them. The one on the front tire came off when I was going to weigh the rig (not a ratchet strap - more like a friction grip) so plan to get some heaver duty ones and cut them to length to avoid long tails. Also plan to cut the others to length as well - way too much extra strap to wrap and tie.

Thanks for the tip!

Lenp

USN Retired

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Archived