Roof bubbles

There are Lemon Law options BUT you must be proactive in getting the dealer and manufacturer to participate in correcting the problem. I really agree with your relunctance to resort to attorneys. They will benefit but likely no one else will. What about a consumer advocate? Perhaps there are some for the RV industry.

Marcel

So I am going to be patient for now......

That is probably the best course for now, but be watchful. As skeptical as I am that it will get better without corrective action, one must give them a chance to make good. But I'd also be using it as per normal, as special care isn't the purpose for buying it and you need to know what happens during use. No company is so good that they never make a mistake, so it is only fair to give them some time, but just be very aware of the 1 year warranty time limit.

The lemon law question depends upon what state you happen to reside in.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Interesting you mention the warranty-thought roofs had much a much longer warranty but I am thinking this one doesn't since I can't find anything that says otherwise. The TPO roof on my last TT was 12 yrs. Either way, it is documented with the mfg.

I do believe I have a lemon roof, but I don't know of any states that have lemon laws for travel trailers. That would be nice.

Ya just can't RV without a hitch.....!

Even a Lemon Law would require giving them the opportunity to make this right. Lawyers? Consumer advocates? Have you even taken it back to the dealer?

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Interesting you mention the warranty-thought roofs had much a much longer warranty but I am thinking this one doesn't since I can't find anything that says otherwise. The TPO roof on my last TT was 12 yrs. Either way, it is documented with the mfg.

The longer warranty is on the membrane and not the installation. The manufacturer of most EDPM roof products gives a warranty of product quality that is typically 10 years or so, depending upon the manufacturer. But none of them give any warranty of the installation, which pretty much looks to be the problem that you have. The membrane manufacturer's warranty is subject to installation that meets the standards that they set. It is my guess that yours was not glued down properly and so needs to be removed and new material installed, meeting the membrane manufacturer's requirements. That part of the warranty is on Forrest River.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I assume there is wood under the roof material so whatever adhesive they put on .... Some is sure to have soaked into wood and I see no way of cleaning this wood back to factory original. Just like Bondo on a car you can repair a dent but it's still there !

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Keep in mind there is a provision in some consumer warranties that says the owner must take appropriate action to prevent further damage, even after notifying the mfgr. of a problem. This means if a leak develops, you must take some action to prevent further water damage; like covering it with a tarp when it rains.

To me that is common-sense, it's surprising that some do not do so.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

And to think I paid good money for the pleasure of this headache.....sad thing is I am for the most part very happy with the rest of the trailer, with a few less serious exceptions.

And I agree with what Jim said,,,it will never be the same. Trying to restore the wood, remounting fixtures, recaulking. I don't believe it will be like new, no matter how well they do it. Using the same screw hole in wood is never the same IMHO, so it will be structurally less sound I believe.

I am taking it to the dealer this week so they can see it as well, at the request of the mfg. Very interested to see whose side the dealer takes.

Ya just can't RV without a hitch.....!

Several years ago a woman on the another RVing forum successfully got the 5er mfgr. to replace her 5er. She would not explain because the mfgr required her to sign a non-disclosure agreement. I followed her posts through several months of negotiating, and the only thing she would say at the end was she was satisfied, then had the thread terminated.

I remember much of her thread, including her updates. She kept detailed records from the beginning, including all conversations related to her 5er.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived