Wash &Wax

Bruce H

Well my MH survived the new England winter.I did not cover it and had to clean off the snow on the roof 3 times. It was washed & Waxed in late summer last year when I bought it. I noticed it has a lot of streaks which I think is caused by the decor lap sealant. ( please correct me if i'm wrong ). My question is, what would be the best detergent & Wax and or combo to use? I have a fiber glass roof so will be looking for a cleaning agent for the roof.

Any information & suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.

Thank you

Bruce

Sounds like what come from an EDPM(rubber) roof material as that is one of the negatives of that material. There are many different products that people like for that purpose and some manufacturers even make products specifically for that purpose. I found that the RV cleaner from Reliable was about the best on our RV.

A good cleaner should take the streaks off regardless of the source. A good coat of wax before storing would probably also help the make the job easier, come spring.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I suspect that the streaks probably come from your EDPM(rubber) roof material as that is one of the negatives of that material.

I agree that it sounds like streaks from a rubber roof, but he said he has a fiberglass roof.

Bruce, you did mention decor (did you mean Dicor?) lap sealant. That's used on a rubber roof. Are you sure you have a fiberglass roof?

Meguiar's has several products which might work for you.

The one that I found works for me best is their Wash & Wax Anywhere product. http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G3626-Ultimate-Anywhere-Spray/dp/B006FUT0CS It's available at Walmart also.

This stuff is amazing - I've used it on the camper and on our new truck. They have a version of it that needs to be mixed in a bucket which is probably what you want for a Class A.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

We just had our RV professionally washed and they used a mixture of Awesome (Dollar Tree sells it), Fabuloso (Walmart and other places) and just a splash of bleach. They wet the roof then used a soft brush and then rinsed it off. The roof looked like new and it was very dirty to start. For the sides they just used ordinary car wash soap with brushes then when they were drying it they sprayed Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry on and wiped it all down with microfiber towels. The RV really sparkles now.

I am sure I could have done this myself but it was sure nice sitting back and watching someone else do the work in a fraction of the time it would have taken me.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Archived