bedroom slider

wzahnd

I have a 2955 montana and recently noticed the bed when moved on the slider in and out is tearing the carpet, the wood framing is riding on the carpet and the is zero clearance between the bed's wood siding and the roller under one corner. Any suggestions how to approach repair without a lot of unnecessary invasive exposure. Thanks. Wally 1995 Dodge Dually, 2001 Montana 5th wheel.

I have a 2955 montana and recently noticed the bed when moved on the slider in and out is tearing the carpet, the wood framing is riding on the carpet and the is zero clearance between the bed's wood siding and the roller under one corner. Any suggestions how to approach repair without a lot of unnecessary invasive exposure. Thanks. Wally 1995 Dodge Dually, 2001 Montana 5th wheel.

Do you have bars of gold stored in the under bed storage?

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

See if you can post some pics of the inside of the bed frame box with the mattress tipped up. It may pivot on the pillow end, lifting up from the foot end.

In my case there are rollers at the foot end of the bed rolling on the floor. You may be able to lift the bedframe up a bit and loosen then drop the rollers so the roll on the carpet but the frame itself doesn't contact the carpet.

If you are not able to post on the forum, I will give you my e=mail address and you can send pics that way.

This should be a relatively easy fix.

Roger

Until you get it fixed, you might slip some cheap thin cutting boards in to protect carpet from tearing.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Good idea, go to the hardwood floor dept in Lowes or Home Depot, you should find the plastic slides used to protect the floor when sliding appliances in or out.

http://www.amazon.com/Glide-N-Guard-Prevents-Damage-Movement-Appliances/dp/B001DPUU7E

http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Hardware/Builders/Floor-Protection/Glides/6-Pack-Appliance-Glide-and-Guard-Tracks/_/N-ntjpq/R-I2324050?Num=0

Archived