Mini-Mini Rally in Study Butte, Texas

oletimer

This happens to be the 24th February we have visited the Big Bend National Park and surrounding area, and every year we find new "things". This year we got to see some black bears, a range fire in the park, and then while at a RV park to unload/load water, and for Susan T to get got up on some wash, we got a knock on the door. "Are you Escapees?" Yes we are. "Do you happen to be Dick T" Yes I do. "I'm Rickeieio, and this is my wife Susan. Sooo, Come on in and sit a while!! What a nice visit, plus we solved many of the world problems to boot! Our farm/house is in Hoyt, Kansas, about 175 miles from Hutchinson, but we have never made it to a rally, because we head South in September. Every year we think we might stick around and meet some of the Escapees from all the forums, and those we have met else where, but then our feet get that itch, and off we go. Many times we have to go through SE Wyoming and work on a place we have there as well, and it can be kinda cold there in September. Anyway there were 3 HDTs in this small park at our end of the world, but again, I had to head out first thing this AM, so didn't even get to meet the other driver, and I forgot to ask if he was an Escapee. Boy, I bet he thinks we are snobs! I wanted to ask him how he gets along with the local officers because he is longer than my 72'. Hope big5er doesn't see this. Anyway, Dick & Susan had a great time Rick & Susan. Now maybe a little bigger rally for us next year. Dick & Susan T

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

Yes, it was a small and short rally, but we made up for it with quality.

Dick and Susan are really nice folks, but we knew they would be. Country folks are always friendly, especially HDTers.

Hopefully, we'll stumble upon some more hdt'ers before the end of this trip.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived