Lightning strike

bigjim

Well it got real exciting about 1/2 hour ago. I was in the shower when it started raining and before I could finish there was a strike extremely close. I finished quick and was outside the shower started to finish drying about 3 minutes later and another hit happened really close. I put on clothes over wet body as the front was blazing through and I wanted to be able to hit the storm shelter we have here. The second one killed the power.

The reason I am posting this is for anyone who hasn't had this experience. I thought the power was out in the whole park. Turns out it was just me. I checked the breakers on the pedestal and reset them. Still no power in the trailer. Then I remembered to check the ground fault outlet and it was tripped. I reset it and WAlaa all is good.

The first one hit a tree 25-30 feet behind the trailer and even closer to the neighbors trailer. The second strike was about 75 feet away. Now I have to go and change my shorts again.

Might even get back into the shower? ;) We had a strike to the ground on the shoulder of the road just next to where Pam was seated while driving on I-49 in LA several years back. Close ones are a real test of nerves.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived