What A start to a new lifestyle!

coachmac9

We got "the" call right before Christmas that we had gotten a park host job at Atlanta State Park and wanted us to start Jan 4 if possible. It was exactly what we wanted and had already talked to them about working our hours at the park around my coaching job and they had no problem with it. We took the RV out to the park right after Christmas and then went to our daughter's house in Ok City for New Years Eve and then the excitement started...the Park Ranger called and asked if we could come back Sat because of flooding and the road to our RV "might" be flooded. No problem...then about 30 min later he calls back and after apologizing profusely asks if there is any way we can come back immediately!!!! Seems that the Corp of Engineers decided to close two of the gates at the dam and the water was rising MUCH faster that expected!!! Again, no problem, we hit the road and drove the 5 hours back and rescued our RV!!! And sure enough, the water was at the edge of the road that leads to our RV last night. It wasn't in any danger of flooding the RV because the spots sit up on a hill but we would have had to paddle to and from it!!! LOLOL!!! So now we are safe and sound in another area of the park watching the water rise and not much to do...the park will be closed for a minimum of two weeks!!! What a great introduction to our new lifestyle!!!! I love it already!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the fishing is so-so right now but our timing on this was incredibly lucky!! The park has been closed since last week and will most likely stay closed for another two weeks minimum. We are the only people in the park and it is wonderful!!! No noise what so ever except the wind blowing through the tall pine trees. I keep asking the Park Rangers if there is anything we need to be doing and he assures me that there is not...I could definitely get used to this!!!! The water if finally going down slowly and soon we will see the damage that the water has caused. I am sure it will be extensive, especially to the roads, flooded buildings and other infrastructure of the park.

Imagine it would be slow though when I referred to the fishing I was just a tad facetious. Our son lives outside Monroe Washington and keeps sending me pictures where the road flooded and the salmon decided it was a good place to spawn.

Still, glad you are enjoying it. We were in the same circumstances last month - the weather kept us idle or just doing busy work.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Imagine it would be slow though when I referred to the fishing I was just a tad facetious. Our son lives outside Monroe Washington and keeps sending me pictures where the road flooded and the salmon decided it was a good place to spawn.

Still, glad you are enjoying it. We were in the same circumstances last month - the weather kept us idle or just doing busy work.

Here's wishing the fishing is so good you have to hide behind a tree just to bait the hook!

2002 NuWa HitchHiker II 31 FKTG, Onan Generator, HWH Levelling, RVFlexArmor roof

2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, SRW, 8.1L

B&W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch

Me and Mama and the fur-kid:
Prince - chihuahua-pug mix

Archived