Volvo Display Password Change: How to Reset the Password?

TexasDually

I have a 2006 Volvo 630 with the Volvo 12L and a 10 Speed.

I am curious how to either change or set a new password on the driver display.

I think the previous fleet owner cleared it, but not wanting to screw it up is there a way to check, and to reset it?

Edit: I forgot, it now has four zeros if that means anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott

Scott,

Don't know about resetting but most of them are set at 1 2 3 4. Use your wiper stalk to toggle the numbers. Get to the password (0000) then hit up/down button on end of stalk. Up to 1 then "arrow" button and next "0" should highlight, toggle up to 2 etc.

On edit found this. Page 47 & 75.

http://www.volvotrucks.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/VTC/uk/Services/Driver%20Display.pdf

If the password was set by the previous owner and not cleared or reset you need to find a shop that has the Volvo software and a tech that can reset it for you. If you need to go to the shop have them make any other changes to the software at that time. Some folks like to disable some of the alarm functions and also change some of the other operating parameters. The shop will most likely charge you an hour of labor to hook up to the truck so get your money's worth.

Archived